Hartford Township, Adams County, Indiana
Location in Adams County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||24.08 sq mi (62.4 km2)|
|• Land||24 sq mi (60 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.33%|
|Elevation||843 ft (257 m)|
|• Density||36.3/sq mi (14.0/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
46711, 46714, 46740
|GNIS feature ID||453402|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 24.08 square miles (62.4 km2), of which 24 square miles (62 km2) (or 99.67%) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.21 km2) (or 0.33%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- French Township (north)
- Monroe Township (northeast)
- Wabash Township (east)
- Bearcreek Township, Jay County (southeast)
- Jackson Township, Jay County (south)
- Nottingham Township, Wells County (west)
- Harrison Township, Wells County (northwest)
The township contains these cemeteries: Alberson, Brown (Glendening), Greenwood (also known as Steiner, Linn Grove, or Buena Vista) and Hartford (Stringtown).
- South Adams Schools
- Indiana's 6th congressional district
- State House District 79
- State Senate District 19
- "Hartford Township, Adams County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Hartford Township, Adams County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved February 15, 2020.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Hartford township, Adams County, Indiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved May 8, 2013.