This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Lanre Dabiri (born May 23, 1977), better known by his stage name Eldee, stylized as eLDee, is a retired Nigerian-American rapper, singer, and record producer but now an IT Consultant based in the United States
|Birth name||Lanre Dabiri|
|Also known as||eLDee The Don|
|Born||May 23, 1977|
|Genres||Afro hip hop|
|Occupation(s)||Rapper, record producer, song writer, Architect|
|Associated acts||Trybesmen, Sasha P, Yemi Alade, Chiddy Bang, Dr SID, Sticky ya Bongtur, M.I Abaga, Sarz, Wizkid, Davido, Banky W, Sound Sultan,|
He is a member of the band Trybesmen, which was started in 1998 with rappers KB and Freestyle. He has made five solo albums. In 2019, he said he does not regret quitting music as the path his career was going would not make him have time for his family. 
He attended Command Children School kaduna and Essence International School before Moving to Lagos for his higher education. He has a master's degree in Architecture from the University of Lagos,Nigeria in 1994.
eLDee is credited as one of the pioneers of the afrobeats music genre. In 1998, he started a band called Trybesmen which went on to be one of the music groups that popularized the fusion of Hip-hop, highlife, pop and traditional afrobeat music. Trybesmen were a continental hit by the year 2000 and played a pivotal role in the shaping of the new music genre.
eLDee signed a total of 16 artists to his Trybe Records label, and named the collaboration of all said artists Da Trybe. They produced the singles "Work it out" and "Oya" in 2002, and the album BIG Picture in 2005.
After moving to the United States in 2002, eLDee recorded a solo album titled Long Time Coming (2004). He followed it up with Return of the King (2006), which contains the single "I Go Yarn". Return of the King won "Best International Album" at the 2007 Nigeria Entertainment Awards in New York City. His subsequent albums are Big Boy (2008), originally titled Evolution, Is it your money Vol.1 (2010) and Undeniable (2012).
eLDee has worked as an artist, producer, director and an interactive media consultant.
eLDee and his long-term partner, Dolapo Latinwo-Bello married and together they have 2 daughters, Temi, and Toke. He has been based in Atlanta, USA since 2002.
In December 2013 he posted a message on his official Twitter page to voice his support for gay rights, saying that hopefully one day soon Africa will realize that anti-gay sentiment is no different from racial or religious discrimination.
- 2004: Long Time Coming
- 2006: Return of the King
- 2008: Big Boy
- 2010: Is It Your Money
- 2012: Undeniable
- 2000: L.A.G Style by Trybesmen
- 2004: The Big Picture (Trybe Records Album)
- 2009: The Champion: The Hits
- Akan, Joey. "eLDee: Rapper to make comback for Olamide collaboration?". Pulse.ng. Retrieved May 21, 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on August 13, 2017. Retrieved August 13, 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "eLDee And Wife Celebrate 7th Wedding Anniversary – INFORMATION NIGERIA". Informationng.com. November 7, 2015. Retrieved May 21, 2018.
- [dead link]
- "Eldee Picks Rapper, Eva Alordiah As First Lady". Nigeriafilms.com. Retrieved May 21, 2018.
- "TheNET.ng – Nigeria's Top Website for News, Gossip, Comedy, Videos, Blogs, Events, Weddings, Nollywood, Celebs, Scoop and Games". Nigerian Entertainment Today. Archived from the original on August 13, 2017. Retrieved May 21, 2018.
- "Eldee signs female rapper, Eva Alordiah to Tribes Records v.20 – Daily Post Nigeria". Dailypost.ng. May 31, 2012. Retrieved May 21, 2018.
- Published. "I don't regret leaving music –Eldee". Punch Newspapers. Retrieved February 26, 2021.
- "Eldee". afrobios.com. Retrieved May 25, 2020.
- "Olanrewaju - Nigerian.Name". Nigerian.name. Retrieved May 21, 2018.
- "Rapper Eldee advocates for gay rights, as fans go wild! – Vanguard News". Vanguardngr.com. December 26, 2013. Retrieved May 21, 2018.