Coordinates: 23°28′29.2″N 120°10′36.7″E / 23.474778°N 120.176861°E
Dongshi Township, also Dongshih Township, (Chinese: 東石鄉; Hanyu Pinyin: Dōngshí Xiāng; Tongyong Pinyin: Dongshíh Siang) is a rural township in Chiayi County, Taiwan.
|Location||Chiayi County, Taiwan|
|• Water||82 km2 (32 sq mi)|
After WWII, Dongshi Township was under the jurisdiction of Tainan County. In 1950, it was put under the jurisdiction of Chiayi County .
It has a population total of 23,327 and an area of 81.5821 km2. Its coastline is 14 km in total length.
Tungshi, Yuanshu, Xingcuo, Wengang, Sanjia, Yongtun, Haipu, Longgang, Pilai, Xiayi, Dingyi, Xixia, Gangkou, Aogu, Gangqi, Niaosong, Weitan, Zhouzi, Tunglun, Xilun, Wenzi, Wangliao and Zhangtan Village.
The township is connected to Shuishang Township through Provincial Highway 82.
- Hsiao Teng-tzang, Minister of Justice (1988-1989)
- Huang Min-hui, Mayor of Chiayi City
- ^ "Vocabulary". Culture & Tourism Bureau of Chiayi County. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
東石郷 Dongshih Township 東石郷 Township
- ^ "Geography". Retrieved 28 March 2020.
Dongshih Township Office
- ^ 系統使用者 (10 November 2010). "About the Township". Archived from the original on 14 May 2014.
- Dongshi Township (in English)