Domingo de Salazar
Su Excelencia Reverendísima
Domingo de Salazar O.P.
|Bishop of Manila|
|Installed||February 6, 1579|
|Term ended||December 4, 1594|
|Successor||Ignacio Santibáñez, O.F.M.|
|Died||December 4, 1594 (aged 81–82)|
Obispo Domingo de Salazar
|Spoken style||Su Excelencia Reverendísima|
He was born in La Rioja, Spain. On 6 February 1579, he was selected by the King of Spain and confirmed by Pope Gregory XIII as the first Bishop of Manila. He was installed in 1581. He strongly opposed enslaving the indigenous people of the Philippines. He served as Bishop of Manila until his death on 4 December 1594, aged 82.
- Eubel, Konrad (1923). HIERARCHIA CATHOLICA MEDII ET RECENTIORIS AEVI Vol III (second ed.). Münster: Libreria Regensbergiana. p. 234. (in Latin)
- Catholic Hierarchy: "Bishop Domingo Salazar, O.P." retrieved November 11, 2015
- "Archdiocese of Manila"Catholic-Hierarchy.org. David M. Cheney. Retrieved June 11, 2017
- "Metropolitan Archdiocese of Manila" GCatholic.org. Gabriel Chow. Retrieved February 29, 2016
- Cheney, David M. "Archdiocese of Manila". Catholic-Hierarchy.org. Retrieved March 25, 2018. (for Chronology of Bishops) [self-published]
- Chow, Gabriel. "Metropolitan Archdiocese of Manila". GCatholic.org. Retrieved March 25, 2018. (for Chronology of Bishops) [self-published]
- Domingo de Salazar profile, newadvent.org; accessed 12 October 2016.
| Bishop of Manila
|This article about a Catholic bishop or archbishop from the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|