This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Diganth Manchale, mononymously known as Diganth, is an Indian film actor and a former model. His works are primarily seen in Kannada cinema. Diganth made his acting debut in Miss California in 2006. He is perhaps best known for his performance as "Doodhpeda", in Gaalipata (2008). His performances for the films such as Pancharangi (2010), Lifeu Ishtene (2011) and Parijatha (2012) earned him fame and pushed him to be among the top league actors of Kannada cinema.
|Born||28 December 1983 (age 35)|
|Residence||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Alma mater||Jain University, Bengaluru|
Aindrita Ray (m. 2018)
Diganth Manchale was born in Sagara, Karnataka in a Havyaka Brahmin family. He completed schooling in Seva Bharathi and pre-university in Tunga Mahavidyalaya, Thirthahalli. His father, Krishnamurthy, is a professor, and his mother is Mallika. Diganth has an elder brother, Akash Manchale. Diganth is sometimes called "Doodhpedha" by his fans, referencing his popular role by that name. Diganth married actress Aindrita Ray on 12 December 2018, after 10 years of courtship.
His career after 2010 includes successful projects such as Manasaare, Pancharangi, Lifeu Ishtene and Parijatha. All these films brought him much popularity and stardom. He went on to play the lead in director Indrajith Lankesh's Dev Son of Mudde Gowda in 2012 which received mixed reactions.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|Kadala Mage||Tulu||Tulu film|
|Mungaru Male||Gautham||Cameo appearance|
|2007||Meera Madhava Raghava||Madhava|
|Chilipili Hakkigalu||Kannada||Cameo appearance|
|Mast Maja Maadi||Kamesh|
|Dev Son of Mudde Gowda||Dev|
|2015||Wedding Pullav||Aditya||Hindi||Hindi film|
|Minchagi Nee Baralu||Jai||Kannada|
|Sharpshooter||Jedara Kannappa "JK"|
|Happy New Year||Harsha||Nominated. - SIIMA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male)- Kannada|
|2018||Katheyondu Shuruvagide||Tarun||Nominated - Filmibeat Award for Best Actor - Kannada|
|Huttu Habbada Shubhashayagalu||TBA|
|Where Is My Kannadaka||TBA|
- 2013 - SIIMA award for the Romantic Star of South Indian cinema
- Daithota, Madhu (14 August 2008). "Diganth is not scared!". The Times of India. Retrieved 30 October 2008.
- "Profile and Biography of Kannada Actor Diganth". Karnatakaspider.com. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- "'Barfi' is not related to the Bollywood movie: Actor Diganth - South Cinema - Kannada Interviews - ibnlive". Ibnlive.in.com. 9 September 2012. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- "I'm really excited I'm marrying my best friend: Aindrita Ray".
- "Aindrita Ray and Diganth to get married in December".
- "Paresh Lamba designs Diganth's D-day outfit".
- "Peek into Aindrita and Diganth's wedding plan".