Goal (2007 Hindi film)(Redirected from Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal (English: Get Set Goal) is a 2007 Indian Hindi sport film. It was released on 29 November 2007, produced by Ronnie Screwvala and directed by Vivek Agnihotri for UTV Motion Pictures. The film stars John Abraham, Bipasha Basu, Arshad Warsi and Boman Irani. The film's soundtrack is composed by Pritam with lyrics by Javed Akhtar. Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal is a contemporary fictional story of the South Asian community in the UK, told through the prism of professional football. The film received positive reviews though the film was only moderately successful at the box-office and was declared "Average" by Box Office India. The film was premiered in the Tous Les Cinemas du Monde (World Cinema) section of 2007 Cannes Film Festival.
|Directed by||Vivek Agnihotri|
|Produced by||Ronnie Screwvala|
|Written by||Anurag Kashyap
|Cinematography||Attar Singh Saini|
|Edited by||Hemal Kothari|
|Distributed by||UTV Motion Pictures|
|23 November 2007|
The main protagonist Sunny Bhasin (John Abraham) initially agrees to leave Southhall United Football Club (Southall a predominately South Asian part of West London) and signs a lucrative offer to play professionally for Millwall F.C. He later decides not to play for Millwall though, a notorious skinhead hooligan team in South London.
- Bipasha Basu as Rumana
- John Abraham as Sunny Bhasin
- Arshad Warsi as Shaan Ali Khan
- Boman Irani as Tony Singh
- Sana Khan as Special Appearance for song Billo Rani
- Dalip Tahil as Johny Bakshi
- Rajendranath Zutshi as Monty Singh
- Dibyendu Bhattacharya as Debashis
- Kushal Punjabi as Ranveer
- Judan Ali as himself
- Banner: UTV Motion Pictures
- Presenter: UTV Motion Pictures
- Producer: Ronnie Screwvala
- Director: Vivek Agnihotri
- Writer: Rohit Malhotra
- Co-Producers: Zarina Mehta & Deven Khote; Krishan Khanna (Hanwell London)
- Music Director: Pritam
- Lyrics: Javed Akhtar
- Director of Photography: Attar Singh Saini
- Screenplay: Vikramaditya Motwane
- Dialogues: Anurag Kashyap & Rohit Malhotra
- Production Designer: Nitin Chandrakant Desai
- Editor: Hemal Kothari
- Cinematography: Atarsingh Saini
- Choreography: Saroj Khan
- Football Consultant: Andrew Owusu Ansah
- Associate Producers: Alpana Mishra, Ram Mirchandani & Siddharth Roy Kapur
- Supervising Producers: Rajesh Nair & Prem Pillai
|Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal|
|Studio album by Pritam Chakraborty|
23 November 2007 (India)
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Pritam Chakraborty chronology|
|Music Review at IndiaFM.com|
The soundtrack for the film was released on November 2007. It has been given a rating of 3 out of 5 on indiaFm.com.
Lyrics by Javed Akhtar. Background score by Sanjoy Chowdhury, the son of late Maestro Sri Salil Chowdhury.
|Billo Rani||Anand Raj Anand, Richa Sharma||5:33|
|Halla Bol||Daler Mehndi||5:05|
|Ishq Ka Kalma||Neeraj Shridhar||4:44|
|Billo Rani (Remix)||Anand Raj Anand, Richa Sharma||4:42|
Indiafm.com gave the film 3 Out of 5, saying that "On the whole, Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal has an ordinary first hour, but the post-interval portions, especially the exhilarating climax, makes up for everything." Joginder Tuteja of IndiaGlitz gave 3.5 of 5 stars stating the film is "One more sports anthem in 2007".
Old Trafford the stadium of Manchester United is shown during a scene where Tony tries to inspire the players to play for more than themselves for honour, glory and pride by telling them the story of the Munich Air Disaster and how Manchester United fought through the odds. The cast got to shoot inside the dressing room too. '
After the release of Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal, director Vivek Agnihotri announced that there will be a sequel to the film. The sequel will have the same principal cast of John Abraham, Arshad Warsi, Bipasha Basu and Boman Irani. The film is yet to begin production however, it has been confirmed by Agnihotri and Abraham. The sequel's working title is Goal 2.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 14 October 2013. Retrieved 5 January 2014.
- Preview: Acceptance in Cannes bestows prestige and honour Archived 30 September 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- Cannes, India celebrate 60 years
- "Indiafm.com: Music review of Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal". DNA. Retrieved 2007-11-03.
- "Indiafm Movie Review of Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal". 23 November 2007.
- "IndiaGlitz Movie Review of Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal". 24 November 2007.
- Adarsh, Taran (2 August 2007). "Goal gets a new name". IndiaFM. Retrieved 29 December 2011.
- "IndiaFm: On the Sets (Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal)". DNA. Retrieved 2007-11-24.[permanent dead link]
- "IndiaFm: On the Sets (Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal)". DNA. Archived from the original on 26 November 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-25.
- "Get Set Goal at the 60th International film festival in Cannes". DNA. Archived from the original on 30 November 2007. Retrieved 2007-05-18.
- Goal 2 confirmed[permanent dead link], Yahoo India
- Sequel to Goal Archived 16 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine., Smash Hits