Vivek Agnihotri is a Bollywood film director, producer and screenwriter. He has worked in numerous genres, including thrillers, sports movies, political drama, erotica, and romance. Agnihotri made his directorial debut with Chocolate: Deep Dark Secrets (2005).
Agnihotri, c. 2018
Gwalior, MP, India
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Education||Organization & Management|
|Occupation||Director, script writer, producer and activist|
|Parent(s)||Prabhu Dayal Agnihotri and Sharda Agnihotri|
Vivek Agnihotri is also an activist, orator, and author. Along with his wife, actress Pallavi Joshi, Agnihotri runs the NGO #IAmBuddha.
In USA, Agnihotri led a social movement to raise the funds for the victims of Bhopal Gas Tragedy. He has also talked at various educational institutions in the United States about his views on Indian politics and social issues.
Vivek Agnihotri was born in Gwalior, MP. Agnihotri's father was a freedom fighter and a Sanskrit scholar who had translated many Vedas. He is married to anchor, theatre, and film actress Pallavi Joshi. They have two children.
Agnihotri has directed the following films in Bollywood:
|2005||Chocolate||Anil Kapoor, Sunil Shetty, Irfan, Arshad Warsi, Emraan Hashmi, Tanushree Dutta|||
|2007||Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal||Bipasha Basu, John Abraham, Boman Irani|
|2012||Hate Story||Paoli Dam, Gulshan Devaiah, Nikhil Dwivedi|
|2014||Zid||Karanvir Sharma, Mannara Chopra, Shraddha Das|
|2016||Buddha in a Traffic Jam||Arunoday Singh, Mahi Gill, Anupam Kher, Pallavi Joshi|||
|2016||Junooniyat||Pulkit Samrat, Yami Gautam, Hrishitaa Bhatt|
|2018||The Tashkent Files||Mithun Chakravorty, Naseerudin Shah, Pallavi Joshi, Pankaj Tripathi, Shweta Basu Prasad, Mandira Bedi|
Designations / positionsEdit
- On the Board of Directors of CBFC Board
- Served as Chairman of the international Jury of IFFI
- Served on the jury of National Film Awards.
- Served as the Secretary of Indian Film Director’s association,
- Served in the Executive Member of Indian Screenwriters Association
- Served as Secretary of Harvard Club of India
- Vivek has worked agencies like J. Walter Thompson, Ogilvy & Mather, and McCann; he was also involved in major campaigns for Maggie, Nestle, P&G etc.
- Vivek has been part of the Launch team of Gillette and Coke.
- Vivek started his own advertising agency in Delhi – Art Beat and it was adjudged as ’10 fastest growing agencies’ by Business Today
- Vivek also made an award winning documentary on ‘Social Justice in India’.
- Vivek started Vivek Agnihotri Creates and produced & directed major campaigns for Vicks, Godrej, P&G, Dainik Bhaskar, Govt of India, Blind Association of India.
- Vivek’s public service Ad film on ‘AIDS’ won him the A&M Gold award and Ad Club Gold Award for creative excellence and contribution to the society.
- Vivek has written, directed and produced over 300 hours of Prime TV shows like Yeh Kahan Aa Gaye Hum, Rishtey, Saturday Suspense, X-Zone, Anubandh, Asambhav.
Teaching / consultingEdit
- Vivek has been teaching as visiting faculty on ‘Creative Thinking & Innovation’ and ‘Leadership’ at various institutes like IIMC, Institute of Business Management, Whistling Woods and various film schools.
- Vivek was invited by NITI Aayog, Government of India to deliver lecture on Creative Communication.
- "No director wants to work with stars: Hate Story director". NDTV News channel. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "Who We Are - #IAmBuddha Foundation". #IAmBuddha. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- NMF News (2016-03-25), JNU में Left पर जमकर बरसे Vivek Agnihotri, Kanhayia को सिखाई राष्ट्रभक्ति, retrieved 2018-06-22
- Nationalist Ravi (16 June 2016). "Risk it with Ravijot - Talk 01, Vivek Agnihotri" – via YouTube.
- "CBFC appoints Javed Akhtar". Deccan Chronicle. 2018-10-21. Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- Kumar, Anuj (12 November 2007). "Game on". Chennai, India: The Hindu (Mumbai). Retrieved 19 January 2009.
- Mastakar, Manasi (2 September 2018). "Vivek Agnihotri: I have mentally resigned from Bollywood". Free Press Journal. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- "'Chocolate is the revival of suspense drama'". Rediff. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "They call it show-biz, Entertainment – Bollywood". Mumbai Mirror. 18 February 2011. Retrieved 8 January 2012.
- "Buddha in a Traffic Jam – Times of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2 April 2011. Retrieved 8 January 2012.
- Deccanchronicle Team. "Teaser of Buddha In A Traffic Jam". Deccanchronicle. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- timesofindia Team. "Buddha In A Traffic Jam - An apt depiction of corrupt corporate system". TimesofIndia. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- KoiMoi Team. "Buddha In an entrepreneurial Jam". KoiMoi. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- IANS (2018-06-15). "Not easy to attract eyeballs from government: Vivek Agnihotri". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- Agnihotri, Vivek. Urban Naxals. Garuda Prakashan. ISBN 9781942426059. Retrieved 5 October 2018.
- "List of Board Members - CBFC".
- "Steering Committee convener Vivek Agnihotri".
- "VIVEK AGNIHOTRI CREATES".
- "Vivek Agnihotri Biography".
- "Yeh Kahan Aa Gaye Hum".
- "X-Zone (TV Series)".
- "Articles by Vivek Agnihotri - First Post".
- "When it comes to religion, all noise pollution norms are violated, writes Vivek Agnihotri".
- "Vivek's article in Yahoo".
- "vivekagnihotri author at OPIndia".