David Albert Mazouz (/
Mazouz at WonderCon 2017
David Albert Mazouz
February 19, 2001
Mazouz was born in Los Angeles, California. He was born into a Sephardic Jewish family, his father Michel Mazouz is a medical doctor from Tunisia and France, and his mother Rachel Cohen is a psychotherapist whose parents are from Greece. He has a sister, Rebecca. He has been a student at Shalhevet High School, a Modern Orthodox Jewish school, since 2015 and appeared in a music video promoting the school. His Bar Mitzvah service was held at the Orthodox synagogue Young Israel.
Mazouz started his career in commercials with Kiefer Sutherland at age 8. In 2012, he again co-starred with Sutherland when he landed the role of mute Jacob "Jake" Bohm in the TV series Touch. Mazouz has appeared in several television series including: Mike & Molly, Gotham, The Office (playing the son of James Spader's character, Robert California), and Criminal Minds. He has also appeared in the ABC show Private Practice as the adopted brother of Betsy.
In 2014, Mazouz was cast in the role of a younger Bruce Wayne in Fox's TV series Gotham. In 2016, he had leading roles in the horror films The Darkness, as Michael Taylor, and Incarnate, as Cameron.
|2011||Coming & Going||Timmy|
|2013||Dear Dumb Diary||Hudson Rivers|
|2014||The Games Maker||Ivan Drago|
|2016||The Darkness||Michael Taylor|
|2010||Amish Grace||Andy Roberts||Television film|
|2010||Mike & Molly||Randy||Episode: "After the Lovin'"|
|2011||Private Practice||Marshall Rakoff||Episode: "God Bless the Child"|
|2011||Criminal Minds||Ryan Hall||Episode: "The Bittersweet Science"|
|2011||The Office||Bert California||Episode: "Spooked"|
|2012–2013||Touch||Jacob "Jake" Bohm||Main role|
|2013||Major Crimes||Steve||Episode: "All In"|
|2013||Dear Dumb Diary||Hudson Rivers||Television film|
|2014||Drop Dead Diva||Ryan Hatcher||Episode: "Life & Death"|
|2014–2019||Gotham||Bruce Wayne / Batman||Main role (90 episodes)|
|2017||Family Guy||Peter Griffin's Co-Worker (voice)||Episode: "Don't Be a Dickens on Christmas"|
|2013||34th Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a TV Series - Leading Young Actor||Touch||Nominated|||
|2018||44th Saturn Awards||Best Performance by a Younger Actor in a Television Series||Gotham||Nominated|||
- Mazouz, David [@realdavidmazouz] (August 16, 2017). "Albert. My middle name" (Tweet). Archived from the original on August 17, 2017. Retrieved August 16, 2017 – via Twitter.
- "David Mazouz". Foxflash.com. Retrieved December 23, 2014.
- Tramel, Jimmie (February 22, 2016). "Pop culture: When should Gotham actor David Mazouz become Batman?". Tulsa World. Oklahoma. Archived from the original on January 9, 2017. Retrieved January 8, 2017.
Because Feb. 19 is the actor's birthday and Batman's birthday, Mazouz suggested during a recent Dallas Comicon Fan Days appearance that perhaps folks should send him double presents. Mazouz is 15.
- Mazouz, David [@realdavidmazouz] (February 19, 2016). "Today is my birthday. Today is also Bruce Wayne's birthday. I will be accepting double presents. #BruceWayne #gotham @Gotham" (Tweet). Archived from the original on January 9, 2017 – via Twitter. Additional WebCitation archive January 9, 2017.
- Pfefferman, Naomi (October 7, 2014). "Gotham star talks life on set as young Batman". The Jewish Journal of Greater Los Angeles. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved October 31, 2014.
- Weiss, Josh (March 9, 2018). "'Gotham' Star David Mazouz Talks Batarangs, Dogs, And His Favorite Sephardic Passover Custom". The New York Blueprint. Retrieved March 28, 2019.
- Nissel, Andrea (January 4, 2018). "'Gotham' Star David Mazouz Balances Modern Orthodoxy and Acting". The Jewish Link of New Jersey. Retrieved March 28, 2019.
- Eva Suissa (October 6, 2016). "Gotham star and sophomore, David Mazouz, balances stardom with studies". The Boiling Point. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- Jeffrey Hensiek (January 2017). "Watch: Find Your Song – Shalhevet High School (ft. David Mazouz of Gotham)". The Jewish Journal of Greater Los Angeles. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- Ghermezian, Shiryn (November 6, 2017). "At New York Awards Show, Orthodox Jewish Teen Star of Hit TV Series Thanks 'Hashem,' Says Religion Is the 'Core of My Identity'". Algemeiner Journal. Retrieved March 28, 2019.
- Goldberg, Lesley (June 7, 2011). "Touch: David Mazouz cast opposite Kiefer Sutherland". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- Perry, Spencer (March 4, 2014). "Fox's Gotham gets its Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle". superherohype.com. Retrieved October 31, 2014.
- "David Mazouz cast in 6 Miranda Drive". Deadline Hollywood. April 11, 2014. Retrieved December 31, 2014.
- "Incarnate (2015)". filmtotaal.nl. Retrieved August 6, 2015.
- "34th Annual Young Artist Awards". Young Artist Awards. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- McNary, Dave (March 15, 2018). "'Black Panther,' 'Walking Dead' Rule Saturn Awards Nominations". Variety. Archived from the original on March 15, 2018. Retrieved March 15, 2018.