|Full name||David Alegre Biosca|
6 September 1984|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||75 kg (165 lb)|
|2011–2021||Real Club de Polo|
Alegre was born in Terrassa and started playing hockey at age four at Club Egara and retired in 2021 at Real Club de Polo. He also played for the Uttar Pradesh Wizards and Oranje Zwart. His older brother Ramón was also a field hockey international for Spain. He played a total of 295 times for the Spanish national team from 2003 until 2021.
David played in Spain for Club Egara until 2009, when moved to the Netherlands to play for Oranje Zwart. After two seasons with Oranje Zwart, he returned to Spain to play for Real Club de Polo. He also represented the Uttar Pradesh Wizards in the Hockey India League.
Alegre made his debut for the Spanish national team in 2003 against Germany. He finished in fourth position with the national team at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece, and in sixth at the 2012 Summer Olympics. However, in between he was part of the 2008 Summer Olympics team which won a silver medal. The midfielder has also played in three World Cups. He took a break from the national team in 2016 to focus on his work. After not having played for three years for the national team he returned in the team in October 2019 for the 2019 FIH Olympic Qualifiers. On 25 May 2021, he was selected in the squad for the 2021 EuroHockey Championship. He retired from playing hockey after the 2020 Summer Olympics.
- "David Alegre Bio, Stats, and Results". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 29 August 2015.
- "The Last Dance". rfeh.es (in Spanish). Real Federación Española de Hockey. 2 August 2021. Retrieved 13 August 2021.
- "Spaanse hockeytopper naar OZ". studio040.nl (in Dutch). 24 June 2009. Retrieved 6 December 2018.
- "David Alegre verruilt aan het eind van het seizoen het shirt van Oranje-Zwart voor dat van RC Polo". nu.nl (in Dutch). 8 April 2011. Retrieved 6 December 2018.
- "Hockey ALEGRE BIOSCA David - Tokyo 2020 Olympics".
- Martín, Olga (22 October 2019). "David Alegre: "El hockey es mi pasión. Vuelvo con la ilusión intacta"". lavangaurdia.com (in Spanish). Madrid: La Vanguardia. Retrieved 24 January 2020.
- "Los #Redsticks Ya Tienen Lista Para El Campeonato De Europa". rfeh.es (in Spanish). Real Federación Española de Hockey. 25 May 2021. Retrieved 25 May 2021.
- "Alegre, Oliva, Quemada y Cortés se despiden con orgullo de la selección". sport.es (in Spanish). Sport. 1 August 2021. Retrieved 13 August 2021.
- David Alegre at the International Hockey Federation
- David Alegre at Olympedia
- David Alegre at Comité Olímpico Español (in Spanish)