DB Cargo (until 2016 as DB Schenker Rail, previously known as Railion Logistics until 2009) is the management company for the Rail Freight Business Unit of Deutsche Bahn, in which DB bundles all national and European logistics activities by rail.
|Sigrid Nikutta, CEO|
|Products||Rail Transport |
|Revenue||€ 4.2 billion|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||A total of 19 subsidiaries worldwide, including freight and contract logistics|
The present company is the result of the merger of DB Cargo AG with NS Cargo NV. Later, the Danish cargo company DSB Gods (literally DSB Cargo) merged into the company. It further acquired the Italian cargo carrier Strade Ferrate del Mediterraneo (SFM) in 2004 and further acquired the Swiss cargo carrier Brunner Rail Services GmbH. In addition it purchased a 20 percent stake in Swiss BLS Cargo AG in 2007. In 2008 it increased its stake in BLS Cargo AG to 40 percent.
In 2008 the Railion brand was replaced with the rebranding of the whole DB logistics organisation into a common recognisable brand; named DB Schenker.
It uses different names for in each country where it operates, namely:
- DB Cargo Czechia in the Czech Republic
- DB Cargo Danmark in Denmark (formerly DSB Gods, then Railion Scandinavia) (DB Schenker Rail Danmark is owned by DB Schenker GmbH (51%) and Green Cargo (49%))
- DB Cargo Deutschland in Germany (formerly DB Cargo, then Railion Deutschland)
- DB Cargo Eurasia provides rail freight service between Europe, Russia, Central Asia, Transcaucasia, and China. 
- Euro Cargo Rail in France
- DB Cargo Italia in Italy (formerly SFM, then Railion Italia, then Nordcargo, then DB Schenker Rail Italia)
- DB Cargo Nederland in the Netherlands (formerly NS Cargo, then Railion Nederland) (NS Cargo merged with Railion in 2000 
- DB Cargo Polska in Poland (bought as PCC Rail)
- DB Cargo Schweiz in Switzerland (formerly Brunner Rail Services GmbH, then Railion Schweiz)
- DB Cargo UK in the United Kingdom (bought as English, Welsh & Scottish Railway).
- DB Cargo Romania, renamed from the Romanian subsidiary Logistic Services Danubius (LSD) in 2011.
- The new brand architecture of the DB Group (Deutsche Bahn AG)[permanent dead link] www.schenker.gr
- "Railway Gazette: DB Schenker Rail to serve Baltic States". 2011-05-15. Retrieved 2011-05-15.
- DB Cargo Eurasia
- DB and NS sign freight merger, Railway Gazette, 01 August 1999
- "DB Schenker Rail Romania (Romania DBSR)". www.rail.dbschenker.de (in German). Archived from the original on 11 August 2011. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- "Logistic Services Danubius renamed DB Schenker Rail Romania". transportjournal.com. 18 May 2011. Archived from the original on 2012-03-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to DB Cargo.|
|This European rail transport related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in Denmark is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|