Corporate Watch (The Corporate Watch Co-Operative Ltd.) is a "not-for-profit journalism, research and publishing group that undertakes research on the social and environmental impact of corporations and corporate power." It was established in 1996 and incorporated in 1999 as a company, limited by guarantee, and registered in the United Kingdom, number 03865674. It describes itself as a workers' co-operative and is closely associated with the Freedom Press.
Research by Corporate Watch is often reused by mainstream news outlets. Investigations into the tax avoidance arrangements and corporate structure of payday lender Wonga.com, for instance, published in early October 2013, was then picked up by Accountancy Age and This is Money, amongst others.
- CorpWatch - research group in the United States
- About Corporate Watch Corporate Watch, 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013. Archived here.
- Wonga’s Swiss Wangle: payday lender moving money to tax haven Corporate Watch, 10 October 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013. Archived here.
- Fuller, Calum (14 October 2013). "Wonga in tax avoidance strategy, claims Corporate Watch". Accountancy Age. Archived from the original on 9 November 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Wonga denies tax avoidance as head of HMRC is to be recalled to Parliament over failure to collect £4.7bn from UK businesses by Matt West, thisismoney.co.uk, 12 October 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013. Archived here.