Glasgow Housing Association
Glasgow Housing Association (GHA) is the largest social landlord in Scotland with 40,000 homes across Glasgow. GHA is a not-for-profit company created in 2003 by the then Scottish Executive for the purpose of owning and managing Glasgow's social housing stock.
Since initial stock transfer GHA has invested £1.5 billion modernising tenants’ homes with new kitchens and bathrooms, Secured by Design doors and windows, new roofs, overcladding and new central heating.
GHA is part of Wheatley Group - Scotland’s leading housing, care and property-management group - which provides homes and services to over 200,000 people in 17 local authority areas across Central Scotland.
The social landlord works with partners, including Glasgow City Council, the Scottish Government, Police Scotland, Scottish Fire and Rescue Service and NHS Scotland, to deliver projects to make communities cleaner, greener and safer.
The GHA Board oversees the delivery of GHA’s strategic priorities and the delivery of services to customers. It’s made up of six tenants, an independent member, two Wheatley Group nominees and two Glasgow City Council elected members.
GHA has a network of local offices and local tenant-led committees. It also has three Area Committees: North West, North East and South which give tenants and factored homeowners more local control. These committees are made up of tenants and other community representatives and make decisions for their areas.
In 2010/2011 GHA carried out a restructure, moving more staff to the frontline. More services were moved to local offices including welfare benefits, fuel advice and furnished lets.
Second Stage TransferEdit
Thousands of tenants were given a vote on whether they wanted their homes to transfer from GHA to community ownership under a process known as Second Stage Transfer.
- "About us - Glasgow Housing Association". Glasgow Housing Association. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "About us | Wheatley Group". www.wheatley-group.com. Retrieved 2017-03-15.
- "Who we work with". www.gha.org.uk. Retrieved 2017-03-15.
- "Board and management". www.gha.org.uk. Retrieved 2017-03-15.
- GHA The official corporate site
- GHA Business Plan - The GHA's 30-year business plan - freely available
- City Strolls - A Glasgow news and opinion site with a lot of material on Glasgow's housing
- Glasgow Residents Network - A blog-style site providing information on housing in Glasgow and details of much of Glasgow's independent (not state-supported) residents' associations.