City Express (French: Cité Express), also known as Air Atonabee Ltd., was an airline based in Ontario, Canada, from 1971 to 1991, which operated passenger services in eastern Canada and the northeastern United States.
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario (1984-1991)|
|Key people||Victor Pappalardo ,|
Founder and President
City Express was founded by Joseph Csumrik in 1971 as Atonabee Airways based at Peterborough Airport in Peterborough, Ontario. It began scheduled service in 1975. In 1980 the company was renamed to Air Atonabee Ltd.
In 1984, Air Atonabee was acquired by Victor Pappalardo and reorganized into City Express. The airline relocated its base to Toronto Island Airport (now Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport) (YTZ) where it began STOL service.
- Montreal - Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport / Montreal-Mirabel International Airport
- Ottawa - Ottawa Macdonald–Cartier International Airport
- Quebec City - Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport
- New York/Newark - Newark Liberty International Airport
- London, Ontario - London International Airport
- Sept-Îles, Quebec
- Wabush/Labrador City, NL
- ^ a b Stevenson, Garth (1987). The Politics of Canada's Airlines. Toronto: Toronto University Press. p. 94. ISBN 0-8020-6637-2.
- ^ David Lyall. "Airlines - Canada". airlinehistory.co.uk. Archived from the original on 2008-01-05. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- ^ "1991-A-308 -- Suspension - Air Atonabee Limited cob City Express - Cité Express". Canadian Transportation Agency. June 7, 1991. Archived from the original on August 25, 2003. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- ^ "Toronto City Centre Airport: A History". Toronto Port Authority. Archived from the original on 2009-07-15. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- "CONTRACTIONS FAAO 7340.1". Federal Aviation Administration. Archived from the original on 2010-12-19. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- Denyse Gazdag; Larry Alton (1991). "Potential Use for Tailrotor Aircraft in Canadian Aviation" (PDF). NASA. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- "1990-A-131 -- Approval of a code-sharing program with Continental Airlines Inc. dba Continental Airlines - Air Atonabee Limited cob City Express". Canadian Transportation Agency. April 18, 1990. Archived from the original on May 14, 2005. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- "1992-A-396 -- Cancellation - Air Atonabee Limited cob City Express - Cité Express". Canadian Transport Agency. November 12, 1992. Archived from the original on June 28, 2003. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- Air Atonabee at Planespotters.net