Chandanattop railway station
Chandanathoppe railway station (Code:CTPE) or Chandanattop railway station is an 'F-class' halt railway station situated at Kollam–Sengottai branch line of Southern Railway Zone, India. It is one among the 25 railway stations in Kollam district. The station is partially serving the city of Quilon. Chandanathoppe railway station is coming under the Madurai railway division of the Southern Railway Zone, Indian Railways. The nearest major rail head of Chandanathoppe railway station is Kollam Junction railway station.
|Regional rail, Light rail & Commuter rail station|
|Location||Mamood, NH-744, Chandanathoppe, Kollam, Kerala|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Southern Railway zone|
|Line(s)||Kollam–Sengottai branch line|
|Zone(s)||Southern Railway zone|
|Division(s)||Madurai railway division|
|Fare zone||Indian Railways|
|Passengers (2017-18)||131 per day |
47,689 per year
Indian railways is connecting Chandanathoppe with various cities in India like Kollam, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirunelveli, Madurai & with various towns like Paravur, Punalur, Kottarakkara, Nagercoil, Varkala & Neyyattinkara. Nearest railway stations are Kundara and Kilikollur. All the Kollam-Punalur-Kollam passenger services and Punalur-Madurai-Punalur service have halts at Chandanathoppe
Chandanattop railway station is situated at the borders of Kollam city. Chandanathoppe is one among the cashew hubs of Kollam city. It is the nearest railway station to Govt. ITI, Chandanathope. People from areas like Mammoodu, Mekone, Kuzhiyam, a portion of Kilikollur etc. are depending on this railway station.
Kilikollur station is situated 1.7 km away from Chandanattop, it is the shortest distance between two railway stations in India.
Chandanattop railway halt station was inaugurated in 1989 following demands from students of Govt ITI Chandanathope
- "Annual originating passengers & earnings for the year 2017-18 - Madurai Division" (PDF). Southern Railway. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "Station Code Enquiry - Indian Railway". Archived from the original on 9 January 2015. Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- "Chandanathoppe railway station - Indiarailinfo". Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- "Madurai-Punalur train from tomorrow - The Hindu". Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- "Punalur-Quilon jn. Section - Indian Railway" (PDF). Retrieved 12 January 2015.