This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
CNN+ (CNN Plus) was a Spanish 24-hour television news channel. Launched in 1999 as a joint venture by Sogecable and Turner Broadcasting, a unit of Time Warner that owns CNN, it went off the air at the end of 28 December 2010. The management announced that CNN+ would be closed on 31 December 2010.
|Slogan||Spanish: Está pasando, lo estás viendo (It's happening; you're watching it)|
|Picture format||576i (4:3 SDTV)|
|Owner||Turner Broadcasting System Europe|
Parent: Time Warner
Mediaset España Comunicación
|Sister channels||CNN en Español|
|Launched||27 January 1999|
|Closed||28 December 2010|
|Replaced by||Gran Hermano coverage|
|Movistar TV||Channel 3|
|Orange TV||Channel 76|
The slogan of CNN Plus was Está pasando, lo estás viendo (It's happening, you're watching it). By 2008, there were other 24-hour television channels — Intereconomía TV and TVE 24h — and CNN plus was no longer the audience leader in this type of general information. Also, CNN+'s ratings were low, peaking at 0.6%.
The station went off the air at 11:59 p.m. (Spanish time) on 28 December 2010, and was replaced with 24-hour coverage of the reality show Gran Hermano, the Spanish version of Big Brother owned by Mediaset.
Management team (2008)Edit
- News Department Director: Juan Pedro Valentín
- News Department Assistant Director: Javier Ruiz
- CNN+ News Director: Antonio San José
- CNN+ News Assistant Director: Victoria Lafora
- "CNN+ deja de emitir a partir del próximo 31 de diciembre" (in Spanish). 20 Minutos. 2010-12-10. Retrieved 10 December 2010.
- "CNN+ cumple 5 años de canal "creíble" y serio". El Periódico Extremadura.
- AGENCIAS, RTVE es/ (December 28, 2010). "CNN+ echa el cierre tras casi 12 años en antena". RTVE.es.
- Press, Europa (December 29, 2010). "CNN+ se apaga para siempre... y da paso a Gran Hermano". europapress.es.
|This article about a Spanish television station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|