Brian Patrick Stelter (born c. 1985) is an American political commentator and is the chief media correspondent for CNN and host of the CNN show Reliable Sources. Previously he was a media reporter for The New York Times and the editor of TVNewser.
Brian Stelter in 2011
Brian Patrick Stelter
Damascus, Maryland, U.S.
|Education||Towson University (BA)|
Jamie Shupak (m. 2014)
Life and career
Stelter was born in Damascus, Maryland, the son of Donna and Mark Stelter. He attended Damascus High School, graduating in 2003, followed by Towson University where he served as editor-in-chief of The Towerlight from 2005 to 2007. While still a student, he created TVNewser, a blog about television and cable news which he later sold to Mediabistro. He graduated from Towson in May 2007, and joined The New York Times as a media reporter later in July of that year, aged 22.
Stelter was raised Methodist, and is non-religious. The couple plan to raise their children as Jewish. On May 21, 2017, their daughter was born. The Stelters live in the Lincoln Square, Manhattan neighborhood on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
- Top of the Morning (2013)
- Jamie Shupak, Brian Stelter, nytimes.com; accessed August 3, 2018.
- Susan Singer-Bart (June 9, 2010). "Damascus High grads: Farewell, for now". Gazette.net. Retrieved August 18, 2017.
- Stelter To New York Times, Leaves TVNewser Behind, huffingtonpost.com, June 12, 2007.
- McMurry, Evan (November 12, 2013). "CNN Hires New York Times Media Reporter Brian Stelter (UPDATED)". Mediaite. New York City: Abrams Media. Retrieved August 18, 2017.
- "CNN Names Brian Stelter Host of Reliable Sources and Senior Media Correspondent". cnnpressroom.com (Press release). Atlanta, Georgia: CNN. November 12, 2013. Retrieved October 13, 2018.
- "NYT Media Reporter Is Dating CNBC Anchor". Gawker. Archived from the original on July 18, 2015.
- Carlson, Nicholas (June 15, 2011). "POWER COUPLE: CNBC's Nicole Lapin And The New York Times's Brian Stelter". Business Insider. Retrieved July 4, 2017.
- A Hashtag on a Jewish Wedding Kippah, jewishtechs.com; accessed August 3, 2018.
- "A (Valentine's) Day In The Life: Jamie Shupak, NY1 Traffic Anchor And Dating Columnist", businessinsider.com, February 16, 2012.
- "Getting Around Town With Jamie Shupak: One Year Later, Diary of a Newly Single Woman, Part II Jamie Shupak" by Jamie Shupak, complex.com, September 22, 2011
- Jamie Shupak, "Planning an Interfaith Wedding Ceremony: How One Bride Did It", brides.com, February 19, 2014.
- Hood, Bryan (May 22, 2017). "Brian and Jamie Stelter welcome baby girl". Page Six. New York Post. Retrieved June 6, 2017.
- Schulz, Dana (January 16, 2018). "My 700sqft: News anchors Jamie and Brian Stelter open up their 'sunny' Lincoln Square home". 6sqft.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brian Stelter.|
- Personal Website
- Brian Stelter - The New York Times
- Towson University's page about Stelter
- Johnson, Peter. "Student energizes the news blog biz, "USA Today", July 10, 2006.
- Bosman, Julie. "The Kid With All the News About the TV News, The New York Times, November 20, 2006, retrieved November 22, 2006.
- Friedman, Jon. "TVNewser's Stelter is Online Journalist of the Year," "Marketwatch," December 15, 2006
- Malone, Noreen. "What Happens When You Give TV's Biggest Fanboy His Own TV Show? The remarkable rise of Brian Stelter, The New Republic, January 22, 2014; retrieved February 13, 2014.