Kasie S. Hunt (born May 24, 1985) is an American political correspondent. She is an NBC News Capitol Hill correspondent, covering Congress across all NBC News and MSNBC platforms. Hunt is the host of MSNBC Kasie DC, which airs on MSNBC on Sundays at 7 p.m.
Hunt in July 2017
Kasie S. Hunt
May 24, 1985
|Education||B.A., George Washington University|
M.A., St John's College, Cambridge
|Occupation||Political reporter for NBC News and MSNBC|
Matt Rivera (m. 2017)
Hunt grew up in Wayne, Pennsylvania. She is the daughter of Bruce and Krista Hunt. Her younger sister, Carly Hunt (born July 11, 1987), is a former golfer for both the Georgetown Hoyas and Maryland Terrapins women's golf teams.
Kasie Hunt married NBC News producer Matt Rivera on May 6, 2017.
On March 13, 2019 she announced that she was pregnant with her first child due in August.
She graduated from Conestoga High School in 2003. Hunt attended George Washington University where she graduated magna cum laude with a degree in international affairs in 2006. She earned her master's in sociology from the St John's College, Cambridge.
Hunt started her career in journalism as an intern in the political unit of NBC News. She was a health policy reporter for National Journal's CongressDaily, writing about the passage of the Affordable Care Act. She wrote for Politico, covering the 2010 midterm elections. She started working as a national political reporter for the Associated Press in August 2011 and covered Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential campaign.
In January 2013, Hunt joined NBC News as an off-air reporter and producer, covering Congress and politics. She started appearing regularly on MSNBC as a political reporter and in November 2014 became a political correspondent. She writes for msnbc.com and appears regularly on MSNBC and Bloomberg shows, including Morning Joe, Hardball with Chris Matthews, and With All Due Respect.
- "Kasie Hunt Gets Her Own MSNBC Sunday Night Program". Ad Week. October 12, 2017.
- "Kasie Hunt on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved October 30, 2015.
- Georgetown University. "Carly Hunt". Georgetown Hoyas. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- University of Maryland, College Park. "Carly Hunt". Maryland Terrapins. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Kasie Hunt, Matthew Rivera". The New York Times. May 7, 2017. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "Kasie Hunt announces pregnancy on 'Morning Joe'". The Hill. March 13, 2019.
- "Alumni Newsmakers". GW Magazine. Fall 2011.
- "Kasie Hunt to join AP as political reporter". Townhall. AP. August 19, 2011.
- Santora, Joyce E. (May 18, 2017). "ocial edition: NBC News/Stoga star Kasie Hunt's wedding (exclusive!) & other Derby Day soirées". Mainline Social. Retrieved May 20, 2017.
- Bloomgarden-Smoke, Kara (December 27, 2012). "Political Reporter Kasie Hunt is Leaving the AP for NBC". Observer.
- "Kasie Hunt Joins NBC News as Off-Air Political Reporter". BWW TV World. December 27, 2012.
- Massella, Nick (September 4, 2014). "Kasie Hunt Named MSNBC Political Correspondent". FishbowlDC.
- "Kasie Hunt Gets Her Own MSNBC Sunday Night Program". October 12, 2017.
- "Kasie Hunt: Congress will not be the same without Sen. McCain". MSNBC.com. August 27, 2018.
- "MSNBC host sorry for saying assault on Rand Paul one of her 'favorite stories'". Fox News. November 27, 2017. She later apologized.