Bron Studios is a Canadian motion picture company based in British Columbia. It works in partnership with co-producers and directors on live-action and animated film and television projects. Bron's notable productions include The Mule, I Saw the Light, Henchmen, Into the Forest, Roman J. Israel, Esq., Rudderless, Welcome to Me, A Single Shot, Trust Me, Tumbledown, The Driftless Area, Foreverland, and Joker. Bron Studios has also developed and produced the original kid's animated intellectual property Mighty Mighty Monsters.
|Founder||Aaron L. Gilbert|
British Columbia, Canada
|Aaron L. Gilbert (CEO)|
Brenda Gilbert (Co-President)
Joel Guralnick (CLO)
Steven Thibault (COO)
Bron Creative is a joint venture between Bron Studios and Creative Wealth Media. Bron Creative provides equity for studio productions and senior secured debt financing on appropriate film and television productions.
Married couple Brenda Gilbert and Aaron L. Gilbert founded Bron. Aaron is a Canadian producer, executive producer, and financier of live-action and animated motion pictures and series television. In addition to Bron, Gilbert is also the Managing Director of Media House Capital, a senior lender in the film and television business.
Originally from London, Ontario, Canada, Gilbert moved to Los Angeles and Vancouver in 1994, beginning his career in the music management and music publishing industry with BOXX Entertainment before segueing into music supervision and licensing for film/television later in the 1990s, and then into animation and live-action business affairs and finance. Music continues to be influential in his creative and project choices.
Gilbert has been a producer and executive producer of recent films including Beatriz at Dinner, Fences, The Birth of a Nation, Kill Me 3 Times, Son of a Gun, Miss Julie, Elsa & Fred, Ginger & Rosa, The English Teacher, Lullaby, Supremacy, Janie Jones, Decoding Annie Parker, I Melt With You, and DayDream Nation.
- Paradox (2010)
- Jabberwock (2011)
- Foreverland (2011)
- Trust Me (co-produced) (2013)
- A Single Shot (2013)
- Mighty Mighty Monsters in New Fears Eve (2013)
- Mighty Mighty Monsters in Halloween Havoc (2013)
- Rudderless (2014)
- Welcome to Me (2014)
- Tell (2014)
- Mighty Mighty Monsters in Pranks for the Memories (2015)
- I Saw the Light (2015)
- Into the Forest (2015)
- Meadowland (2015)
- The Driftless Area (2015)
- Tumbledown (2015)
- Hyena Road (2015)
- Ithaca (2015)
- The Birth of a Nation (2016)
- Special Correspondents (2016)
- Una (2016)
- Fences (2016)
- The Cleanse (2016)
- The Philosophy of Phil (2017)
- Beatriz at Dinner (2017)
- The Layover (2017)
- Roman J. Israel, Esq. (2017)
- Parallel (2018)
- Drunk Parents (2018)
- Leave No Trace (2018)
- Monster (2018)
- Prospect (2018)
- To Dust (2018)
- Tully (2018)
- The Spy Who Dumped Me (2018)
- The Nightingale (2018)
- A Simple Favor (2018)
- The Front Runner (2018)
- Assassination Nation (2018)
- Henchmen (2018)
- The Mule (2018)
- Isn't It Romantic (2019)
- Child's Play (2019)
- The Red Sea Diving Resort (2019)
- The Kitchen (2019)
- Joker (2019)
- The Addams Family (2019)
- Queen & Slim (2019)
- The Good Liar (2019)
- Bombshell (2019)
- Super Intelligence (2019)
- Fonzo (2019)
- The Way Back (2020)
- Chaos Walking (2020)
- Gretel & Hansel (2020)
- Bad Trip (2020)
- The Willoughbys (TBA)
- Harry Haft (TBA)
- Those Who Wish Me Dead (TBA)
- Robocop Returns (TBA)
- Kay, Jeremy. "Aaron Gilbert, A Single Shot". Screen Daily. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- Ford, Rebecca. "Hank Williams Biopic 'I Saw the Light' Rounds Out Cast (Exclusive)". Hollywood Reporter.
- McNary, Dave. "Tom Hiddleston to Play Country Icon Hank Williams in Biopic". Variety.
- Yamato, Jen. "Elizabeth Olsen Joins Tom Hiddleston In Hank Williams Biopic 'I Saw The Light'". Deadline Hollywood.
- Wolfe, Jennifer. "Bron Animation Announces New Henchmen Feature". The Wrap.
- Giardina, Carolyn (August 12, 2014). "Siggraph: Gary Sanchez Productions To Produce Animated "Henchmen" (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- Cheney, Alexandra. "Max Minghella and Callum Keith Rennie Join 'Into the Forest' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety.
- Rozema, Patricia. "Into the Forest". Telefilm Canada. Archived from the original on 2015-02-12. Retrieved 2015-02-12.
- "Paramount Home Media Distribution and Samuel Goldwyn Films Collaborate on Distribution of William H. Macy's Directorial Debut and Sundance Feature RUDDERLESS". CNBC. Archived from the original on 2014-05-03.
- Wolfe, McNary. "Rebecca Hall Joins Romantic Comedy 'Tumbledown'". Variety.
- "Zooey Deschanel Has A New Movie Project! Enter 'The Driftless Area'". Contactmusic.com. 25 April 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2019.
- "Movie Details - Foreverland". Cineplex.com.
- Zahad, Ramin. "Bron Studios Launches Animated 'Monsters' Series". Animation Magazine.
- "BRON Studios | Official Website". BRON Studios | Official Website. Retrieved 2019-10-14.
- McNary, Dave. "The Exchange Takes 'Supremacy' to Cannes". Variety.
- "Movie Details - Paradox". Cineplex.com.
- Kilday, Gregg. "Clark Gregg Writing and Directing 'Trust Me,' a Dark Comedy About Child Stars". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Wolfe, Jennifer. "TELETOON Picks Up Bron's 'Mighty Mighty Monsters'". Animation World News.
- Kay, Jeremy. "Radiant, Mars strike Rudderless deal". Screen Daily.
- Kroll, Justin. "James Marsden, Wes Bentley and Joan Cusack Round Out Cast of Wiig Pic". Variety.
- Sneider, Jeff. "Zooey Deschanel, Anton Yelchin to Star in Dark Comedy 'The Driftless Area'". Deadline Hollywood.
- McNary, Dave. "CANNES: Johnny Galecki, Chloe Sevigny, Anjelica Huston in Horror-Comedy 'Master Cleanse'". Variety.
- Sneider, Jeff. "'Pushing Daisies' Alum Anna Friel, 'Fargo's' Oliver Platt Join Johnny Galecki in 'Master Cleanse' (Exclusive)". The Wrap.
- McNary, Dave (1 March 2017). "Bella Thorne, Maude Apatow, Joel McHale Join Thriller 'Assassination Nation'". Variety. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (20 March 2017). "Chris Evans To Star In 'Red Sea Diving Resort'". Deadline. Retrieved 20 March 2017.
- McNary, Dave (2 June 2017). "Martin Short, Maya Rudolph Join Ricky Gervais in Animated Film 'Willoughbys'". Variety. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- Vlessing, Eton (May 2, 2019). "New Line Cinema to Co-Finance Angelina Jolie's 'Those Who Wish Me Dead'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 7, 2019.
- Fleming Jr., Mike (July 11, 2018). "Neill Blomkamp To Direct New 'RoboCop' For MGM; Justin Rhodes Rewriting Sequel Script By Creators Ed Neumeier & Michael Miner". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Business Media. Retrieved July 11, 2018.