Boxing at the 2019 Pan American Games
Boxing competitions at the 2019 Pan American Games in Lima are scheduled to be held between July 27th and August 2nd, 2019 at the Miguel Grau Coliseum in the Villa Deportiva Regional del Callao cluster.
|Boxing at the XVIII Pan American Games|
|Venue||Miguel Grau Coliseum|
|Dates||July 27 – August 2, 2019|
|Competitors||120 from 25 nations|
The competition is split among 15 events, 10 for men and five for women. In 2016, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) made several changes to its sports program, which were subsequently implemented for these games. Included in this was the addition of two additional women's boxing events.
Peru)Host nation (
|14||Antigua and Barbuda||0||0||1||1|
|Trinidad and Tobago||0||0||1||1|
|Totals (17 nations)||15||15||30||60|
A total of 120 boxers will qualify to compete at the games (eight per event). The host nation (Peru) received up to seven automatic qualification spots (five men and two women). The remainder of the spots were awarded at the Pan American Games qualifier held in Managua, Nicaragua in April 2019.
- "Sacyr will build El Callao sports center and the National University of San Marcos Stadium for the Pan American Games in Lima (Peru) for 44 million euros". www.sacyr.com/. Sacyr. 13 March 2018. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- "Pan American Schedule" (PDF). www.lima2019.pe. Lima Organizing Committee for the 2019 Pan and Parapan American Games (COPAL). 13 June 2019. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 June 2019. Retrieved 16 June 2019.
- "Tokyo 2020 event programme to see major boost for female, youth and urban appeal". www.olympic.org/. International Olympic Committee. 9 June 2017. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- Mather, Victor (9 June 2017). "Olympics Adds 3-on-3 Basketball and Mixed Gender Relays". The New York Times. New York City, New York. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- "Qualification System manual" (PDF). www.panamsports.org/. Pan American Sports Organization. 25 April 2018. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- Etchells, Daniel (1 April 2019). "Lima 2019 Pan American Games boxing qualifier set to take place in Managua with Cuba looking to make mark". Insidethegames.biz. Dunsar Media. Retrieved 5 April 2019.