Bilton, East Riding of Yorkshire
Bilton (or Bilton-in-Holderness) is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 5 miles (8 km) east of Hull city centre on the B1238 road and adjoining the village of Wyton. According to the 2011 UK census, Bilton parish had a population of 2,220, a decrease on the 2001 UK census figure of 2,340.
St Peter's Church, Bilton
|Population||2,220 (2011 census)|
|OS grid reference|
|• London||155 mi (249 km) S|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Bilton Community Primary School is situated in Bilton and provides primary education for about 300 pupils from the village and the surrounding area.
- UK Census (2011). "Local Area Report – Bilton Parish (1170211144)". Nomis. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 15 February 2018.
- UK Census (2001). "Local Area Report – Bilton Parish (1543504191)". Nomis. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- Historic England. "Church of St Peter (1161454)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- "Huge solar farm on edge of Hull would save millions of pounds in bills". Hull Daily Mail. 5 March 2019. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- Gazetteer — A–Z of Towns Villages and Hamlets. East Riding of Yorkshire Council. 2006. p. 3.
- Media related to Bilton at Wikimedia Commons
- Historic England. "St Peter's Church (1161454)". National Heritage List for England.
- Bilton Community Primary School
- Bilton in the Domesday Book
|This East Riding of Yorkshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|