Bhadohi is a city in Bhadohi district in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is also known as the "Carpet City," as it is home to the largest hand-knotted carpet weaving industry hub in South Asia. The city is 45 km west of Varanasi  and 82 km east of Allahabad. 
|Nickname(s): Carpet City of Carpets|
|Elevation||85 m (279 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, the only institute of its kind in Asia , was established by Ministry of Textiles, Government of India in 2001. It has been recognized by All India Council for Technical Education and is affiliated with Joint Seat Allocation Authority(JOSAA).The institute offers a Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Carpet and Textile Technology (CTT). The syllabus of the programmes covers both practical as well as theoretical understanding of the process of dyeing, textile fibres, carpet washing, and other industrial techniques. 
Bhadohi has a population of 94,620 of which 49,639 are males while 44,981 are females as per report released by Census India 2011. Bhadohi has an average literacy rate of 90%, higher than the national average of 69.5%; with 94% of the males and 86% of females are literate. 18% of the population is under 6 years of age.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2014)
The main business in Bhadohi is carpet manufacturing. Manufacturers range from very small (with less than $100,000 in assets) to medium-sized (with around $10M in assets). Most of the carpets are sold internationally as India has a limited market for carpets.
- "Google Maps: Bhadohi to Varanasi". Google maps. 2017-05-23. Retrieved 2017-05-23.
- "Google Maps: Bhadohi to Allahabad". Google maps. 2017-05-23. Retrieved 2017-05-23.
- "Ganges". Wikipedia. 2017-05-21.
- "Indian students in carpet technology to have internship in New Zealand". Ministry of Textiles. 16 May 2003.
- "IICT coursework". The Hindu. Retrieved 13 August 2017.
- "Bhadohi City Population Census 2011 - Uttar Pradesh". www.census2011.co.in. Retrieved 2017-05-23.