This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (September 2011)
|• Body||Nagar Palika|
|• Density||1,000/km2 (3,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Hindi, Bhojpuri Urdu|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||JH 09|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Giridih|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Bermo|
CD Block HQEdit
As per 2011 Census of India, Phusro Urban Agglomeration had a total population of 186,139, of whom males were 97,665 and females 88,874. Phusro Urban Agglomeration is composed of Phusro (NP), Bermo (CT), Jaridih Bazar (CT), Bokaro (CT) and Kurpania (CT).
As of 2001[update] India census, Bermo had a population of 16,954. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Bermo has an average literacy rate of 58%, lower than the national average of 59.5%; with 61% of the males and 39% of females literate. 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Bermo was 11,157, out of whom 6,521 were males and 4,631 were females.
The three main hospitals in Bermo are the regional hospital of Dhori, the regional hospital of Kargali, and the hospital of Gandhi Nagar. Many government and private hospitals are also located nearby, such as the D.V.C. Bermo Mines dispensary, near the Bermo Mines.
Bermo has a large coal mining industry.
- "Jharkhand Police Official Website". Contact Bokaro Police. Jharkhand Police. Archived from the original on 14 February 2014. Retrieved 6 October 2017.
- "District Census Handbook Giridih, 2011, Series 21, Part XII A" (PDF). Pages 5-7. Directorate of Census Operations, Jharkhand. Retrieved 2 December 2017.
- "2011 District Census Handbook Bokaro, Series 21, Part XII B" (PDF). Map on Page 3. Directorate of Census Operations, Jharkhand. Retrieved 6 October 2017.
- "2011 Census C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". Jharkhand – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Provisional population totals, Census of India 2011" (PDF). Urban Agglomeration – Cities having population 1 lakh and above. Government of India. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Provisional population totals, Census of India 2011" (PDF). Constituents of Urban Agglomerations haing population above 1 lakh and above, Census 2011. Government of India. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.