Bergara main square
|Autonomous community||Basque Country|
|• Mayor||Elena Lete García (PNV)|
|• Total||75.97 km2 (29.33 sq mi)|
|• Density||190/km2 (500/sq mi)|
|Demonym(s)||Basque: bergarar Spanish: vergarés, vergaresa|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
An Enlightened center of education operated by the Real Sociedad Bascongada de Amigos del País ("Royal Basque Society of Friends of the Country"), it was the place where brothers Juan José and Fausto Elhuyar discovered wolfram.
During the Carlist Wars, it operated as the capital and royal court of the Carlists. It was there where the agreement symbolized in the Vergara Embrace between Rafael Maroto and Baldomero Espartero, Prince of Vergara ended one of the period wars.
- "Municipal Register of Spain 2018". National Statistics Institute. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- A Chemical Analysis of Wolfram and Examination of a New Metal, which enters into its Composition, By Don John Joseph and Don Fausto de Luyart, Translated from the Spanish by Charles Cullen, Esc. To which is prefixed A Translation of Mr. Scheele's Analysis of the Tungsten, or Heavy Stone; with Mr. Bergman's Supplemental Remarks, London, 1785, 67 pp.
- Official Website (in Basque) ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish)
- Bernardo Estornés Lasa - Auñamendi Encyclopedia (Euskomedia Fundazioa) (in Basque) ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish)
- Bergara Laboratorium - European Physical Society Historic Site
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bergara.|
|This article about a location in the Basque Country, Spain, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|