Ben Cutting (born 30 January 1987) is an Australian cricketer who plays as an all-rounder. Cutting represented Australia at the 2006 U-19 Cricket World Cup in Sri Lanka. Cutting played first-class cricket for the Queensland Bulls between 2007 and 2018. He is currently contracted to the Brisbane Heat in the Big Bash League. He currently plays First Grade for Souths.
|Full name||Benjamin Colin James Cutting|
|Born||30 January 1987|
Sunnybank, Queensland, Australia
|Height||192 cm (6 ft 4 in)|
|ODI debut||13 January 2013 |
Australia v Sri Lanka
|Last ODI||31 August 2014 |
Australia v Zimbabwe
|T20I debut||26 January 2013 |
Australia v Sri Lanka
|Last T20I||15 September 2017 |
World XI v Pakistan
|Domestic team information|
|2016–2017||Sunrisers Hyderabad (squad no. 30)|
|2018–||Mumbai Indians (squad no. 31)|
|2018||St Kitts and Nevis Patriots|
Source: Cricinfo, 30 April 2019
Cutting made his first-class cricket debut for the Queensland Bulls against Tasmania in the first Pura Cup game of the 2007/08 season and despite his first ball going for five wides, ended up taking three wickets including that of Michael Di Venuto. In 2009–10 Cutting was one of the competition's leading wicket takers, with 25 wickets from his first six matches, raising hopes that he may be selected to represent Australia in Test cricket. He finished the season as the leading wicket taker – 46 wickets at 23.91. This included a career best 6/37 against Tasmania, and led to speculation of a future international debut.
On 3 April 2018, Cutting announced his retirement from first-class and List A cricket after a 12-year career in order to focus on his Twenty20 game and develop his new business. In September 2018, he was named in the squad of Nangarhar Leopards in the first edition of the Afghanistan Premier League tournament. He was the joint-leading wicket-taker for the Nangarhar Leopards in the tournament, with twelve dismissals in nine matches.
On 13 January 2013, Cutting made his One Day International (ODI) debut and on 26 January 2013 he made his T20 international debut.
T20 franchise cricketEdit
In June 2019, he was selected to play for the Edmonton Royals franchise team in the 2019 Global T20 Canada tournament. In July 2019, he was selected to play for the Amsterdam Knights in the inaugural edition of the Euro T20 Slam cricket tournament. However, the following month the tournament was cancelled.
- "Ben Cutting". cricket.com.au. Cricket Australia. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Bulls brilliant, Tigers toothless". Archived from the original on 25 August 2012. Retrieved 8 February 2010.
- Ben Cutting on fast track to be Test fast bowler
- Player Profile: Ben Cutting from CricInfo. Retrieved 1 January 2013.
- "@cuttsy_31 photo". Instagram. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "Afghanistan Premier League 2018 – All you need to know from the player draft". CricTracker. Retrieved 10 September 2018.
- "Afghanistan Premier League, 2018/19 - Nangarhar Leopards: Batting and bowling averages". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- "Faf du Plessis named captain of World XI to travel to Pakistan". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "List of sold and unsold players". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- "Global T20 draft streamed live". Canada Cricket Online. Retrieved 20 June 2019.
- "Eoin Morgan to represent Dublin franchise in inaugural Euro T20 Slam". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- "Euro T20 Slam Player Draft completed". Cricket Europe. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- "Inaugural Euro T20 Slam cancelled at two weeks' notice". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 14 August 2019.