Bank Mandiri, headquartered in Jakarta, is the largest bank in Indonesia in term of assets, loans and deposits. Total assets as of Q3 2012 were IDR 588.4 trillion (or USD 59.8 billion). It also has Capital Adequacy Ratio (CAR) of 16.08% (including market risk), Return on Asset (RoA) of 3.45%, and Return on Equity (RoE) of 22.18%. As of September 2012, Bank Mandiri is the first largest bank in Indonesia by total assets.
|Traded as||IDX: BMRI|
|Industry||Financial services, banking|
|Predecessor||Bank Bumi Daya
Bank Dagang Negara
Bank Ekspor Impor
Bank Pembangunan Indonesia
|Founded||Jakarta, Indonesia (2 October 1998)|
|Founder||Government of Indonesia|
|Kartika Wirjoatmodjo, CEO|
|Revenue||Rp 74,53 trillion (2016)|
|Rp 77,7 trillion (2016)|
|Rp 13,8 trillion (2016)|
|AUM||Rp 33,53 trillion (2016)|
|Total assets||Rp 1038 trillion (2016)|
|Total equity||Rp 149,3 trillion (2016)|
|Subsidiaries||Bank Syariah Mandiri
Bank Sinar Harapan Bali
Mandiri Tunas Finance
Asuransi Jiwa InHealth Indonesia
By September 2012, the bank had 1733 branches spread across three different time zones in the Indonesian archipelago and six branches abroad, about 11.000 Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs), and six principal subsidiaries: Bank Syariah Mandiri, Mandiri Sekuritas, Mandiri Tunas Finance, AXA Mandiri Financial Services, Bank Sinar Harapan Bali, and Mandiri AXA General Insurance.
Bank Mandiri is the result of the merger made by Indonesian Government from four older government-owned banks that had failed in 1998. Those four banks were Bank Bumi Daya (BBD), Bank Dagang Negara (BDN), Bank Expor Impor (Exim), and Bank Pembangunan Indonesia (Bapindo). During the amalgamation and reorganisation, the government reduced the number of branches by 194 and the number of personnel from 26,600 to 17,620.
- 1951: Bank Industri Negara (BIN) was established to finance priority sectors, such as plantations, industry and mining.
- 1959: The Indonesia government nationalised Nationale Handelsbank's operations in Indonesia and from them created Bank Umum Negara.
- 1960: The Indonesia government nationalised the Indonesian operations of two more Dutch banks. It used Nederlandsche Handel-Maatschappij's operations to create Bank Ekspor Impor Indonesia. Escomptobank became Bank Dagang Negara. The government also established the state-owned Bank Pembangunan Indonesia (Bapindo) and merged BIN into it. Bapindo specialised in medium and long-term financing of manufacturing, tourism and transportation.
- 1964: The Indonesia government nationalised Chartered Bank's operations in Indonesia and merged them into Bank Umum Negara. Chartered Bank, a British overseas bank, had first entered Indonesia in 1863 when it opened an agency in Batavia.
- 1965: The Indonesia government brought Bank Umum Negara into the Bank Negara Indonesia group, renaming it Bank Negara Indonesia Unit IV (BNI IV). Similarly, Bank Ekspor Impor Indonesia became Bank Negara Indonesia Unit II (BNI II).
- 1968: The Indonesian government again reorganised some banks. BNI IV became an independent bank with the name Bank Bumi Daya. The government split BNI II into two parts, with the BNI Unit II Export-Import Division becoming BankExim, which specialised in trade finance.
- 1986: Bapindo expanded into general commercial banking.
- 1999: The government merged Bank Bumi Daya, Bank Dagang Negara, Bank Ekspor Impor Indonesia and Bank Pembangunan Indonesia to create Bank Mandiri.
- 2004: The bank opened a branch in Dili (East Timor), and a representative office in Shanghai (China).
Board of directorsEdit
- President Director : Kartika Wirjoatmodjo
- Vice-President Director : Sulaiman Arif Arianto
- Director : Ogi Prastomiyono
- Director : Pahala N. Mansury
- Director : Royke Tumilaar
- Director : Hery Gunardi
- Director : Tardi
- Director : Ahmad Siddik Badruddin
- Director : Kartini Sally
- Director : Rico Usthavia Frans
- Mandiri Savings:
- Mandiri Current account
- Mandiri Current Account
- Mandiri Deposit
- Mandiri Deposit
- Mandiri Foreign Currency Deposit
- Mandiri Debit
- Mandiri Debit
- Mandiri Prepaid
- Indomaret Card
- E-toll Card
- Mandiri Credit card
- Mandiri Consumer Loan
- Mandiri KPR
- Mandiri KPR Multiguna
- Mandiri Personal Loan
- Mandiri Mitrakarya
- Mandiri Tunas KPM
- Mandiri Priority Services
- Mandiri Priority Services
- Merchant Relations Program
- Investment Products
- Mutual funds
- ORI & Sukuk Ritel
- Mandiri Investasi Sejahtera
- Mandiri Jiwa Sejahtera
- Mandiri Rencana Sejahtera
- Retail Brokerage Service
- Retail Brokerage
- Consumer Banking Treasury (CBT)
- Consumer Banking Treasury
- Bank Mandiri Singapore Branch, operate under offshore bank licence granted by Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Bank Mandiri Hong Kong Branch
- Bank Mandiri Cayman Islands Branch
- Bank Mandiri Dili Branch
- Bank Mandiri Shanghai Branch
- Bank Mandiri (Europe) Limited, located in London, UK. Subsidiary of PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk.
- Bank Syariah Mandiri
- Mandiri Sekuritas, at Capital Market Awards 2011, PT Mandiri Sekuritas got 3 awards from 9 awards (Marketing Net, the Best Bond Emiten, and the Best Stock Exchange member)
- AXA Mandiri Financial Services
- Bank Sinar Harapan Bali (BSHB)
- Mandiri Tunas Finance
- Mandiri AXA General Insurance
- Asuransi Jiwa InHealth Indonesia
Based on mystery shopper method done by surveyor, in 2011 Bank Mandiri got average value 91.23 percent, a first time for a bank got more than 90 percent over 15 years survey. Bank Mandiri got Service Excellence Award for 4 times consecutives and got The Most Consistent Bank for 2 times.
- 1998–2005: Bank Terpercaya Pilihan Anda
- 2003–2005: Satu Hati, Satu Negeri, Satu Bank
- 2005–2008: Melayani Dengan Hati, Menuju yang Terbaik
- 2008–present: Terdepan, Terpercaya, Tumbuh Bersama Anda
- 2009–2010: Menembus Batas Keinginan
- 2010–2012: Menjawab Setiap Keinginan
- 2012–present: Apapun Keinginan Anda, Mandiri Saja
- Jakarta Marathon, sponsored by Mandiri bank
- Fundamental Keuangan, data diakses 06 Januari 2011.
- Pendapatan operasional
- Annual Balance Sheet
- "Bank Mandiri Head Office Address." Bank Mandiri. Retrieved on 30 September 2012.
- "Indonesia-Investments.com:Bank Mandiri company profile". 25 March 2014.