BMW 4 Series
The BMW 4 Series is a range of coupé, convertible and fastback models manufactured by the German automaker BMW since 2013. It was unveiled at the North American International Auto Show in January 2013 in Detroit.
|BMW 4 Series|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact executive car (D)|
|Body style||2-door coupé|
|Predecessor||BMW 3 Series (E92/E93)|
The 4 Series was created when BMW spun off the 3 Series 2-door models (coupé and convertible) into a separate series. In 2014, the "4 Series Gran Coupé" body style was added to the range.
First generation (F32/F33/F36; 2013-present)Edit
The F32/F33/F36 series is the first generation of BMW 4 Series. It was launched in mid-2013 as the successor to the E92/E93 coupé/convertible models of the fifth-generation 3 Series range. The F32/F33/F36 is produced alongside - and shares many features with - the now discontinued F30 3 Series. The body styles of the range are:
- 2-door coupé (F32 model code)
- 2-door convertible (F33 model code)
- 4-door fastback coupé (F36 model code, marketed as "4 Series Gran Coupe")
As per the F30 3 Series range, the F32/F33/F36 is powered by turbocharged petrol and diesel engines with 3 cylinders (petrol only), 4 cylinders and 6 cylinders.
Second generation (G22/G23/G24; 2020-)Edit
BMW unveiled the Concept 4 at the 2019 Frankfurt Auto Show, which more than 80 percent representative of the production version, and also form the basis of the all-electric BMW i4. The production version was unveiled in June 2020. Stylistically, the front is dominated by a large new interpretation of the kidney grille, featuring a more vertical design to distance it from the G20 3 Series.The body styles of the range are:
- "First Look: BMW 4 Series Coupe Concept". www.automobilemag.com. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "BMW Concept 4 Series Coupe". www.bmw.com. Archived from the original on 8 December 2012.
- "BMW 4 Series Coupe: Information". www.bmw.com. Archived from the original on 21 June 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to BMW 4 Series.|