Assam Skill University is a public state university located at Mangaldai, Darrang district, Assam, India. The university was established by The Assam Skill University Act, 2020 which was passed by the Assam Legislative Assembly on 3 September 2020 and received the assent of the Governor of Assam on 12 October 2020 On 7 August 2021, former IAS officer, who had served as the Additional Chief Secretary of Assam, Subhash Chandra Das was appointed as the Vice Chancellor of the University. The Chief Minister of Assam by virtue of his office is the chancellor of the university.
অসম দক্ষতা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়
|Chancellor||Chief Minister of Assam|
|Vice-Chancellor||Subhash Chandra Das|
The university offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, and certificate courses in various fields, such as agriculture, engineering, healthcare, hospitality, tourism, media, and communication. The university also provides various facilities and services for the overall development of the students, such as sports facilities, hostel accommodation, medical facilities, and career counseling services.
On 15 February 2021, Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal laid the foundation stone of Assam Skill University at Mangaldoi, Darrang. He was accompanied by minister of Skill, Employment and entrepreneurship department Chandra Mohan Patowary and other dignitaries.
The Assam Skill University will be set up under the external-aided project funded by the Asian Development Bank.
- ^ "Assam Skill University Bill 2020 passed in the Assembly". Nenow.in.
- ^ "The Assam Skill University Act, 2020" (PDF). PRSIndia. 19 October 2020. Retrieved 2 May 2022.
- ^ "Former bureaucrat Subhash Chandra Das appointed as VC of Assam Skill University". nktv.in.
- ^ "CM Sonowal lays foundation stone of Rs 1000-crore Assam Skill University in Mangaldai". sentinelassam.com.
- ^ "ADB to help set up skill development university in Assam". hindustantimes.com.