Arbab Ghulam Rahim
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Arbab Ghulam Rahim was born in the Dıplo Tehsıl of Tharparkar District. Arbab Ghulam Rahim is the youngest of 5 sıblıngs. He was born in a very conservative environment and received hıs early education ın hıs vıllage. Then up to 7 grade he studıed ın Mirpurkhas, from 8th class he joıned the Cadet College Petaro, one of the few reputed ınstıtutıons of the provınce at that tıme. After passıng out as a House Captain from Cadet College Petaro, he joined Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences at Jamshoro to study medıcine, but later transferred to Jinnah Sindh Medical University, Karachı. After passıng out from Sindh Medıcal College wıth a MBBS degree, Arbab contested in the Local government election and was elected as Nazim ın the Mirpur Khas District.
Belonging to the Pakistan Muslim League (Q). Arbab was elected to the Sindh Provincial Assembly during the 2002 general elections from PS-60 constituency defeating Engineer Gianchand Meghwar, and was initially inducted as a provincial minister. Subsequently, he was elected as the Chief Minister of Sindh in 2004.
He was hit in the head with a shoe by Agha Javed Pathan a supporter of Benazir Bhutto in 2008. Arbab rarely goes to the Provincial Assembly, because he accuses the ruling party of trying to disgrace him in the assembly.
- (9 June 2004). PAKISTAN: Musharraf reconsiders army pledge, Oxford Analytica ("Arbab Ghulam Rahim was today elected as the new chief minister of Sindh province. Rahim's election follows the resignation of his predecessor, Sardar Ali Mohammed Mahar, over his failure to quell recent violence between Sunni and Shia Muslims in Karachi.")
- "Arbab Ghulam Rahim gets Slapped with a Shoe". Teeth Maestro. 2008-04-08. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Such Gup". The Friday Times. December 9–15, 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Arbab Rahim kay munh pay jutay parrday". YouTube. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- President of Muslim League Like-Minded Group.
Ali Mohammad Mahar
| Chief Minister of Sindh
Abdul Qadir Halepoto