Amjad Atallah is the managing director of Doha Debates, a solutions-focused global debate series launched in December 2018. He previously served as a news executive, human rights activist and humanitarian.
|Born||Gary, Indiana, U.S.|
|Education||University of Virginia (BA)|
University of Virginia (MA)
American University (JD)
A native of Gary, Indiana, Atallah received Bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of Virginia and a Juris Doctor degree from American University's Washington College of Law. He is a member of the New York Bar.
Before joining Doha Debates, Atallah served as Al Jazeera America's editor-in-chief and Al Jazeera English's bureau chief for the Americas. He also was part of the AJ+ launch team. Atallah was in senior roles with Al Jazeera 2011-2017.
- "Doha Debates back with a new concept". Gulf-Times (in Arabic). 2018-12-13. Retrieved 2019-05-22.
- "Bloomberg - Are you a robot?". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2019-05-22.
- "Amjad Atallah". Doha Debates. Retrieved 2019-05-22.
- "Amjad Atallah: Executive Profile & Biography - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2019-05-22.
- "Amjad Atallah". KCRW 89.9FM | Music, NPR News, Culture Los Angeles. Retrieved 2019-05-22.
- "Amjad Atallah". america.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 2019-05-22.
- "It's Time for a New Kind of Debate". Doha Debates. 2018-12-03. Retrieved 2019-05-22.