Amanda Yvette Bingson (born February 20, 1990, in Victorville, California) is an American track and field athlete specializing in the hammer throw. She is the former American record holder in the event with a distance of 75.73 m (248 ft 5 1⁄4 in) set at the 2013 USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships.
|Born||February 20, 1990|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||96 kg (212 lb)|
|College team||UNLV Rebels Texas State University|
|Club||New York Athletic Club|
|Achievements and titles|
Bingson attended school at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas where she is a school record holder and majored in interdisciplinary studies. She had only taken up the hammer throw in 2009 as a college freshman and has continued to improve since then. A month before the trials, she finished fourth at the NCAA Women's Outdoor Track and Field Championships. Prior to that, she was a shot put and discus thrower at Silverado High School in Paradise, where her team won the state championship twice and where she finished second in the 2008 shot put.
She qualified to join the Olympic team by finishing second in the hammer throw at the 2012 United States Olympic Trials, throwing 71.78 m (235 ft 5 3⁄4 in) (reaching the A standard) in the 4th round. At the Olympics, she did not advance past the qualifying round, finishing 28th overall.
Amanda Bingson placed fourth in hammer behind Team USA teammates Amber Campbell, Gwen Berry and DeAnna Price at 2016 United States Olympic Trials (track and field) and was an alternate to represent the United States in the hammer at the 2016 Olympics.
|Representing the United States|
|2012||NACAC U23 Championships||Irapuato, Mexico||1st||71.39 m (234 ft 2 1⁄2 in) A|
|Olympic Games||London, United Kingdom||28th (q)||67.29 m (220 ft 9 in)|
|2013||World Championships||Moscow, Russia||10th||72.56 m (238 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|2014||World Continental Cup||Marrakech, Morocco||2nd||72.38 m (237 ft 5 1⁄2 in)|
|2015||World Championships||Beijing, China||9th||72.35 m (237 ft 4 1⁄4 in)|
- UNLVREBELS.COM Amanda Bingson Bio - University of Nevada Las Vegas Official Athletic Site
- Amanda Bingson - NV Track and Field Profile
- UNLV's Amanda Bingson going to the London Olympics in the hammer throw - Las Vegas Sun News
- US Olympic Trials - Flash Results, Inc
- "Hammer thrower Amanda Bingson says athletes come in all shapes and sizes - ESPN The Magazine Body Issue".
- "2016 U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Track & Field". usatf.org. July 6, 2016. Retrieved July 6, 2016.
- "Amanda Bingson profile page, K-State Sports, Track and Field". Archived from the original on 2015-07-10. Retrieved 2015-07-10.
- 2010 UNLV Track and Field Media Guide, page 6, left column, cites 2009 statistics