Amanda Yvette Bingson (born February 20, 1990, in Victorville, California) is an American track and field athlete specializing in the hammer throw. She is the current American record holder in the event with a distance of 75.73 m (248 ft 51⁄4 in) set at the 2013 USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships.
February 20, 1990|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||96 kg (212 lb)|
|College team||Texas State University|
|Club||New York Athletic Club|
|Achievements and titles|
Bingson attended school at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas where she is a school record holder and majored in interdisciplinary studies. She had only taken up the hammer throw in 2009 as a college freshman and has continued to improve since then. A month before the trials, she finished fourth at the NCAA Women's Outdoor Track and Field Championships. Prior to that, she was a shot put and discus thrower at Silverado High School in Paradise, where her team won the state championship twice and where she finished second in the 2008 shot put.
She qualified to join the Olympic team by finishing second in the hammer throw at the 2012 United States Olympic Trials, throwing 71.78 m (235 ft 53⁄4 in) (reaching the A standard) in the 4th round. At the Olympics, she did not advance past the qualifying round, finishing 28th overall.
Amanda Bingson placed fourth in hammer behind Team USA teammates Amber Campbell, Gwen Berry and DeAnna Price at 2016 United States Olympic Trials (track and field) and is an alternate to represent United States at Athletics at the 2016 Summer Olympics.
|Representing the United States|
|2012||NACAC U23 Championships||Irapuato, Mexico||1st||71.39 m (234 ft 21⁄2 in) A|
|Olympic Games||London, United Kingdom||28th (q)||67.29 m (220 ft 9 in)|
|2013||World Championships||Moscow, Russia||10th||72.56 m (238 ft 01⁄2 in)|
|2014||World Continental Cup||Marrakech, Morocco||2nd||72.38 m (237 ft 51⁄2 in)|
|2015||World Championships||Beijing, China||9th||72.35 m (237 ft 41⁄4 in)|
- UNLVREBELS.COM Amanda Bingson Bio - University of Nevada Las Vegas Official Athletic Site
- Amanda Bingson - NV Track and Field Profile
- UNLV's Amanda Bingson going to the London Olympics in the hammer throw - Las Vegas Sun News
- US Olympic Trials - Flash Results, Inc
- "Hammer thrower Amanda Bingson says athletes come in all shapes and sizes - ESPN The Magazine Body Issue".
- "2016 U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Track & Field". usatf.org. July 6, 2016. Retrieved July 6, 2016.
- Amanda Bingson profile page, K-State Sports, Track and Field
- 2010 UNLV Track and Field Media Guide, page 6, left column, cites 2009 statistics