Alliance for Serbia
|Founded||2 September 2018|
30 / 250
|Assembly of Vojvodina|
10 / 120
|City Assembly of Belgrade|
18 / 110
Coalition was founded by Dragan Đilas in September 2018. The political background of alliance members is diverse, with both left-wing, liberal, moderate, right-wing and far-right factions voicing opposition to the government. It is composed of the Democratic Party, Dveri, People's Party, Party of Freedom and Justice, as well some minor and local anti-government parties and organisations. They have called for the institution of a technocratic transitional government which would serve for a period of 1 year after which elections would be held.
The Alliance have supported protests against Vučić and have signed Agreement with people along with other opposition parties on 6 February. The protests were precipitated by an assault on Borko Stefanović, one of the leaders of the Alliance. The non-partisan expert group, introduced during protests, concluded there were no conditions for free and fair elections in the country, due to the lack of public communication and inequality in that process, and they drafted a comprehensive and systematic document with six demands and six annexes. On September 16, 2019, the parties of the Alliance had taken a joint decision to boycott the coming parliamentary elections. In October, the first round of inter-party European Parliament-mediated dialogue took place, while the Alliance for Serbia refused to participate, stating that there is no time for their demands for fair election conditions to be met before April, when the election is scheduled.
Founders and full membersEdit
|Zoran Lutovac||Social liberalism
18 / 250
|Boško Obradović||Serbian nationalism
|Right wing to
4 / 250
|Vuk Jeremić||Liberal conservatism
3 / 250
|Party of Freedom and Justice
Странка слободе и правде
Stranka slobode i pravde
|Dragan Đilas||Social democracy
2 / 250
|Slaviša Ristić||National conservatism
1 / 250
|Movement for Reversal
Покрет за преокрет
Pokret za preokret
|Janko Veselinović||Social democracy
|United Trade Unions of Serbia "Sloga"
Удружени синдикати Србије „Слога”
Udruženi sindikati Srbije „Sloga”
|Milan Stamatović||National conservatism
- "Serbian Opposition Groups Boycott Parliament as Protests Spread". bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2019-03-26.
- "Formiran Savez za Srbiju" (in Serbian). N1. 2 September 2018. Retrieved 25 March 2019.
- "Belgrade Protests Start Spreading Across Serbia". Balkaninsight.com. Retrieved 2019-01-27.
- "Opozicija u Srbiji dogovorila 'Sporazum sa narodom'". RFE/RL. 6 February 2019.
- "Thousands protest in Serbia over attack on opposition politician". Reuters. 2018-12-08. Retrieved 2020-01-29.
- "Civil protests' experts: No conditions for free and fair elections in Serbia". N1. Retrieved 2020-01-29.
- "Opposition Alliance for Serbia declares boycott". N1. Retrieved 2020-01-29.
- "First EP-mediated dialogue in Serbia: Part of the opposition refuses to participate". European Western Balkans. Retrieved 2020-01-29.
- Твит Александра Шапића, којим се најављује договор о предизборној сарадњи са Здравом Србијом
|This article about a political party in Serbia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|