|First appearance||Nick Fury vs. S.H.I.E.L.D. #3 (August 1988)|
|Created by||Bob Harras (writer)|
Paul Neary (artist)
|Alter ego||Alphonso MacKenzie|
The character subsequently appears in Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1-7 (September 1989-January 1990).
An entry for Al MacKenzie appears in issue four of the reference series Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Update '89.
Fictional character biographyEdit
Al MacKenzie was born in Austin, Texas. He was once the C.I.A. liaison to S.H.I.E.L.D. He became romantically involved with Contessa Valentina Allegra di Fontaine after a while, which led to an estrangement between him and Nick Fury. Because of this, he returned to the CIA with the Contessa.
MacKenzie later joined the S.H.I.E.L.D. organization full-time, and spent considerable time as the senior liaison officer to the C.I.A. Subsequently, under unknown circumstances, MacKenzie resigned from S.H.I.E.L.D., and wrote a "tell-all" book entitled UnSHIELDed: an Unauthorized Insider's Look Behind the World's Most Powerful Global Spy Network, which purportedly explained some of the history behind the organization from his point of view. Since then, he also acted as an unofficial source to Ben Urich, prodding Urich and Jessica Jones to attempt to expose Fury's unauthorized mission to Latveria.
In other mediaEdit
Mackenzie appears in the TV series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., portrayed by Henry Simmons. His full name is Alphonso MacKenzie, but goes by the nickname "Mack". He is an African-American mechanic and engineer who is recruited into the newly rebuilt S.H.I.E.L.D. by Phil Coulson after the events of the film Captain America: The Winter Soldier. He is old friends with Barbara "Bobbi" Morse. He develops a close friendship with Leo Fitz, and a romantic relationship with Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez. Mack later goes on to become the director of S.H.I.E.L.D due to the ill health and subsequent death of Phil Coulson.
- Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (Vol 3) #4. Marvel Comics (New York).
- Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Vol. 3) #1. Marvel Comics (New York).
- Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Vol. 3) #3. Marvel Comics (New York).
- Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Vol. 3) #6. Marvel Comics (New York).
- Amazing Fantasy Vol. 2, # 10. Marvel Comics (New York).
- The Pulse # 9. Marvel Comics (New York).
- Tancharoen, Kevin (director); Monica Owusu-Breen (writer) (March 17, 2015). "One of Us". Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2. Episode 13. ABC.
- "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Fitz + Mack's Bromance". Comics2Film. July 31, 2019. Archived from the original on August 12, 2019. Retrieved August 12, 2019.
- Underwood, Ron (director); Monica Owusu-Breen (writer) (March 8, 2016). "Bouncing Back". Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3. Episode 11. ABC.
- CS (December 6, 2016). "Agents of SHIELD: LMD and a Slingshot Digital Series are Coming". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- Al MacKenzie at Marvel Wiki