This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Addinath Kothare (born May 13, 1984) is an Indian actor, producer, and director. His acting debut movie is "chakula" it's a Marathi language movie & His directorial debut film Paani won the national award for 'Best Feature Film on Environment Conservation/Preservation' at the 66th National Film Awards and has also won him the 'Best Actor' award at the New York Indian Film Festival.
Adinath Mahesh Kothare
Adinath Mahesh Kothare
13 May 1984
He made his acting debut as a child actor in the 1994 hit film 'Majha Chakula' which garnered him several accolades, including the Maharashtra State Award for 'Best Child Actor'. Adinath's next movie 'Ved Lagi Jeeva' was directed by his father Mahesh Kothare in the year 2010 which earned him a nomination in the 'Best Actor' category at 'Zee Gaurav Film Awards'.
Later he tasted success with films like 'Zapatlela 2' (2013) and 'Avatarachi Goshta' (2014) which were highly appreciated at the box office. 'Avatarachi Goshta' won many awards at the 51st Maharashtra State Marathi Film Award, Zee Gaurav Film Award (2014) and Sahyadri Cine Film Awards 2014.
As a film-producer, Adinath has produced the movie 'Zapatlela 2' (2013) the 1st ever Marathi True 3D film which also saw him in as the lead role in the film. On the television forefront Adinath Kothare is a successful television producer as well and has produced several tv shows under his own production company 'Kothare Vision Private Limited'. Some of their super successful shows include 'Jai Malhar', 'Pahile Na Mi Tula' (Zee Marathi), 'Ganpati Bappa Morya' (Colors Marathi), 'Vithu Mauli', 'Dakkhancha Raja Jotiba', 'Sukh Mhanje Nakki Kay Asta!' (Star Pravah), 'Ek Hoti Rajkanya' (Sony Marathi) and many more.
Early life and backgroundEdit
In 1994, Kothare first appeared in the movie 'Maza Chakula', Addinath's next movie 'Ved Lagi Jeeva' was directed by his father Mahesh Kothare in the year 2010. After that, he appeared in Aditya Sarpotdar's musical drama film Satrangi Re playing Rego (Goraksha Mhapusekar), which released on 3 Feb 2012, also starring Amruta Khanvilkar, Siddharth Chandekar, Pooja Sawant, Bhushan Pradhan, Soumil Shringarpure, Uday Tilekar, Vidyadhar Joshi, Supriya Matkari and Madhav Abhyankar.
Addinath has further acted in his father's ambitious project the first Marathi true 3D film 'Zapatlela 2, which released on 7 June 2014. The film is the sequel of 1993 Marathi film Zapatlela. In 2014, he played the lead role in Hello Nandan along with Mrunal Thakur and the starred in the filmAnvatt' alongside his wife Urmila Kanitkar. Kothare next starred in Ishq Wala Love along with Sulagna Panigrahi, which released on 10 Oct 2014.
His next film, released on 26 December 2014, Avatarachi Goshta won many awards at the 51st Maharashtra State Marathi Film Festival 2014, Zee Gaurav 2014 Film Awards and Sahyadri Cine Film Awards 2014. Kothare produced the film, Zapatlela 2 under his own production banner 'Kothare Vision Private Limited'. He did his debut in bollywood with 83 Movie.
|Majha Chakula||1994||Yes||Child actor||Adinath|
|Chimani Pakhara||2003||Assistant director|
|Full 3 Dhamal||2008||Yes|
|Ved Lavi Jeeva||2010||Yes||Jaggu (Garage Mechanic)|
|Stand By||2011||Yes||Rahul Narvekar|
|Dubhang||2011||Yes||Playback Singer||Rohan Jadhav|
|Zapatlela 2||2013||Yes||Yes||Aditya Bolke|
|Ishq Wala Love||2014||Yes||Ajinkya|
|Premasathi Coming Suun||2014||Yes||Aditya|
|Sata Lota Pan Sagla Khota||2015||Yes||Jayvardhan|
|100 Days||2016-17||Yes||PSI Ajay Thakur|
|Take Care Good Night||2018||Yes||Satish|
Awards and honoursEdit
Further in 2010, he earned the 'Best Actor' Nomination for the film 'Ved Lavi Jeeva'.
His Film 'Avtarachi Goshta' was nominated in many categories and won many awards including 'State Award for Best Film'.
Addinath Kothare Won the Best Actor Award for 'Paani' at the New York Indian Film Festival.
His Film 'Paani' Won the 'Best Feature Film on Environment Conservation/Preservation' at the 66th National Film Awards.
- "66th National Awards announced: Adinath Kothare's Paani wins best film for environment conversation - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- "Glorious muhurat of Marathi movie 'Zapatlela 2' - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- "Kothare Vision". Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- "Adinath Kothare - Marathi cinema's famous star kids". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- "World Television Premier of 'Ishq Wala Love' - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- "The myth behind Avatarachi Goshta". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- "'83: Ranveer Singh introduces Adinath Kothare as Dilip Vengsarkar". Zee News. 21 January 2020. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- World, Republic. "Who is Adinath Kothare? Here's all you need to know about the '83 actor". Republic World. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- "Story about marriage of Urmila and Adinath Kothare". Divya Marathi (in Marathi). 11 August 2017. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- "आदिनाथ-उर्मिलाच्या बाळाचं आहे 'हे' नाव!". Maharashtra Times (in Marathi). Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- Taran Adarsh [@taran_adarsh] (30 March 2019). "Adinath Kothare to essay the role of #DilipVengsarkar in #83TheFilm... Stars Ranveer Singh as #KapilDev... Directed by Kabir Khan... Presented by Reliance Entertainment... Produced by Madhu Mantena, Vishnu Induri, Kabir Khan... #CastOf83 #Relive83 t.co/eOSCEvYtx8" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Adinath Kothare acted as a child artist in Maza Chakula". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Adinath Kothare also had some experience for the National Award Winning Water film". Maharashtra Times (in Marathi). Retrieved 14 March 2021.