This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2019)
AD 18 (XVIII) was a common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Augustus and Caesar (or, less frequently, year 771 Ab urbe condita). The denomination AD 18 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
|Gregorian calendar||AD 18|
|Ab urbe condita||771|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||丁丑年 (Fire Ox)|
2714 or 2654
— to —
戊寅年 (Earth Tiger)
2715 or 2655
|Coptic calendar||−266 – −265|
|- Vikram Samvat||74–75|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3118–3119|
|Iranian calendar||604 BP – 603 BP|
|Islamic calendar||623 BH – 622 BH|
|Julian calendar||AD 18|
|Minguo calendar||1894 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||329/330 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||560–561|
144 or −237 or −1009
— to —
145 or −236 or −1008
- Winter – Germanicus Caesar arrives in Syria, as new commander-in-chief for the Roman East.
- Gnaeus Calpurnius Piso, governor of Syria, ignores the order of Germanicus to send Syrian-based legions, including Legio VI Ferrata and Legio X Fretensis, to Armenia to back him in his planned coronation of Artaxias III.
- Germanicus concludes a peace treaty with Artabanus II of Parthia, in which he is recognized as king and friend of Rome.
- After a flooding of the Yellow River in China, farmers are forced to rebel. Emperor Wang Mang reacts by sending an army (some 100,000 men) against the agrarian rebels. The rebel leaders, concerned that during battle it will become impossible to tell friend from foe, order that their men color their eyebrows red – and this is where the name Chimei ("The Red Eyebrows") comes from.
- "List of Rulers of Korea". www.metmuseum.org. Retrieved April 18, 2019.