3 ft gauge railways
Three foot gauge railways have a track gauge of 3 ft (914 mm) or 1 yard. This gauge is a narrow gauge and is generally found throughout North, Central, and South America. In Ireland, many secondary and industrial lines were built to 3 ft gauge, and it is the dominant gauge on the Isle of Man, where it is known as the Manx Standard Gauge. Modern 3 ft gauge railways are most commonly found in isolated mountainous areas, on small islands, or in large-scale amusement parks and theme parks (see table below). This gauge is also popular in model railroading (particularly in G scale), and model prototypes of these railways have been made by several model train brands around the world, such as Accucraft Trains (US), Aristo-Craft Trains (US), Bachmann Industries (Hong Kong), Delton Locomotive Works (US), LGB (Germany), and PIKO (Germany).
- 2006 LGB Catalog[permanent dead link]
- Steamlocomotive.info - Cuba
- Steamlocomotive.info - Al Zawra’a Dream Park
- "Al Zawra'a Dream Park - official website (in Arabic)". Archived from the original on 2014-02-05. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- Surviving Steam Locomotives in Aguascalientes
- Parque Héroes Mexicanos - official website (in Spanish)