2020 NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series
|2020 NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series|
The 2020 NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series is the upcoming 26th season of the third highest stock car racing series sanctioned by NASCAR in North America. It marks the second season of the series corporate sponsor Gander Outdoors and twelfth overall for Camping World Holdings.
Teams and driversEdit
|Manufacturer||Team||No.||Race driver||Crew chief|
|Chevrolet||GMS Racing||2||Sheldon Creed ||Jeff Stankiewicz|
|24||Brett Moffitt ||Jerry Baxter|
|Toyota||Kyle Busch Motorsports||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|TBA||Kyle Busch ||TBA|
|Hattori Racing Enterprises||16||Austin Hill||Scott Zipadelli|
|Manufacturer||Team||No.||Race driver||Crew chief||Rounds|
|Chevrolet||GMS Racing||21||Sam Mayer ||Mardy Lindley||6|
|Ford||Diversified Motorsports Enterprises||97||Jesse Little||TBA||TBA|
The schedule for the 2020 season was released on April 3, 2019.
- Further information: History of NASCAR schedule realignments
As with the Cup and Xfinity Series, NASCAR made numerous changes to the Truck Series schedule for the 2020 season. Of note is the return of the series to Richmond Raceway after a 14 year hiatus, which comes at the expense of the spring Martinsville date. Martinsville in exchange was given an Xfinity Series race for the first time after a hiatus for 24 of the last 25 years (the exception being a single event in 2006), which will be run in the fall on the same weekend as the Cup and Truck Series races there. Also, this will be the first season that the season finale will be at ISM Raceway (Phoenix) while Homestead–Miami Speedway moves to March to become the fourth race of the season. Bristol is now the elimination race for the Round of 8 while the second Las Vegas race is the opener for the Round of 6 and Martinsville, now with only one date on the schedule, will end the Round of 6.
- "GMS Racing announces 2020 NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series lineup". NASCAR.com. NASCAR Digital Media, LLC. October 25, 2019.
- Kyle Busch answers fan questions during NASCAR America Debrief | Motorsports on NBC, retrieved 2019-11-05
- "Hill Returns to HRE in 2020". Hattori Racing Enterprises. Retrieved 2019-11-05.
- "Diversified Motorsports Enterprises, Little partner in Homestead, will compete in 2020". Jayski's NASCAR Silly Season Site. 2019-11-12. Retrieved 2019-11-12.
- "2020 schedules for Xfinity Series, Gander Trucks unveiled". NASCAR.com. NASCAR Digital Media, LLC. April 3, 2019.
- "NASCAR: 2020 Truck Series schedule revealed". April 5, 2019.
- "2020 NASCAR Truck Series Schedule & Xfinity Schedule". April 3, 2019.
- "New races on 2020 NASCAR Xfinity and Truck series schedules". us.motorsport.com.
- "Truckin' Thursdays: NASCAR Reveals 2020 Truck Series Schedule". April 4, 2019.
- Long, Dustin (September 24, 2019). "NASCAR reveals start times for 2020 Cup, Xfinity and Truck races".
- "NASCAR reveals revamped Trucks and Xfinity schedules for 2020". Autoweek. April 3, 2019.