Mark Smith (Pennsylvanian racing driver)
Mark Smith (born July 14, 1971) is an American professional racing driver. He currently competes part-time in the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series, driving the No. 38 Chevrolet Silverado for Niece Motorsports. Smith is also a tenured veteran of sprint car racing.
|Born||July 14, 1971|
|NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series career|
|1 race run over 1 year|
|Truck no., team||No. 38 (Niece Motorsports)|
|Best finish||73rd (2019)|
|First race||2019 Eldora Dirt Derby (Eldora)|
|Statistics current as of November 18, 2019.|
Sprint car careerEdit
Smith's early career progressed from go-kart racing to Super Sportsman racing to sprint car racing, including 360 and 410 sprint cars, as well as competing in the World of Outlaws. He won the United Sprint Car Series Winter Heat championship in 2019, and has estimated his number of open-wheel victories at 200.
Stock car careerEdit
On July 20, 2019, it was announced that Smith was scheduled to make his NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series debut at the 2019 Eldora Dirt Derby in a partnership between Jordan Anderson Racing and Niece Motorsports.
Smith is married with kids.
Motorsports career resultsEdit
(key) (Bold – Pole position awarded by qualifying time. Italics – Pole position earned by points standings or practice time. * – Most laps led.)
Gander Outdoors Truck SeriesEdit
|NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series results|
- Raker, Harold. "Smith ready for Eldora". The Daily Item. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "Mark Smith Is USCS Winter Heat King". Speed Sport. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- Brooks, Amanda. "Jordan Anderson, Niece partner to enter Mark Smith at Eldora". Jayski's Silly Season Site. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "Mark Smith Set For Truck Debut at Eldora". Speed Sport. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "Mark Smith - 2019 NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series results". Racing Reference. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- Mark Smith driver statistics at Racing-Reference
|This biographical article related to NASCAR is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|