2017 MTV Movie & TV Awards
The 2017 MTV Movie & TV Awards was held on May 7, 2017, from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California, U.S. It was the 26th edition of the awards, and for the first time it presented honors for work in television as well as cinema; it was also the first time men and women competed jointly in the acting categories since 2007. The awards ceremony was hosted by Adam DeVine and broadcast on numerous Viacom channels, MTV.com, and the MTV app on mobile devices.
|2017 MTV Movie & TV Awards|
|Date||Sunday, May 7, 2017|
Los Angeles, California
|Hosted by||Adam DeVine|
|Network||MTV, MTV2, VH1, BET, MTV Classic, TV Land, Comedy Central, Logo TV, and Spike|
The ceremony was preceded by the "Movie & Television Festival". It was a day-long event that was held outside the Shrine Auditorium and featured live performances by Bea Miller, All Time Low, and Zara Larsson; plus red carpet appearances by celebrities. Issa Rae served as the announcer for the event.
- All Time Low - "Dirty Laundry"/"Weightless"
- Zara Larsson - "Don't Let Me Be Yours"/"Shape of You"
- Bea Miller - "I Can't Breathe"
- Adam DeVine, Millie Bobby Brown, Lil Rel Howery, Blake Anderson, Chrissy Metz, DJ Nasty, Josh Gad, Mike Colter, Hailee Steinfeld, and Rebel Wilson – "Movies & TV" / "Be His Guest" / "Logan" / "Movies & TV (Reprise)" Medley (parody of the Beauty and the Beast songs)
- Noah Cyrus - "Stay Together"
- Pitbull and J Balvin ft. Camila Cabello - "Hey Ma"
- Big Sean - "Jump Out the Window"
- DJ Nasty
- Asia Kate Dillon – presented Best Actor in a Movie
- Zac Efron and Alexandra Daddario – presented Best Actor in a Show
- DJ Khaled – introduced DJ Nasty
- Tom Holland and Zendaya – presented sneak peek to Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Milo Ventimiglia and Chrissy Metz – presented Best Duo
- Yara Shahidi and Shay Mitchell – introduced Noah Cyrus
- Allison Williams and Lil Rel Howery – presented Best Kiss
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Maxine Waters – presented Best Fight Against the System
- Gal Gadot – presented Generation Award, and introduced Pitbull, J Balvin, and Camila Cabello
- John Cena and Aaron Taylor-Johnson – presented Next Generation
- Jaeden Lieberher, Jeremy Ray Taylor, Sophia Lillis, Finn Wolfhard, Wyatt Oleff, Chosen Jacobs, and Jack Dylan Grazer – presented exclusive trailer to It
- Ansel Elgort and Hailee Steinfeld – presented Tear Jerker
- Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg – presented Best Host
- Dane DeHaan and Cara Delevingne – introduced Big Sean
- Terrence J – presented Best Musical Performance (commercial break)
- Adam DeVine – presented Best Reality Competition and Best Comedic Performance
- Goldie Hawn and Amy Schumer – presented Movie of the Year
- Mark Wahlberg – presented exclusive clip from Transformers: The Last Knight
- Cast of 13 Reasons Why – presented Show of the Year
(Dylan Minnette, Katherine Langford, Alisha Boe, Brandon Flynn, Justin Prentice, Miles Heizer, Ross Butler, Devin Druid, Brandon Larracuente, Ajiona Alexus, Michele Selene Ang, Tommy Dorfman, and Steven Silver)
Winners and nomineesEdit
MTV Generation AwardEdit
The following movies received multiple nominations:
- Seven – Get Out
- Five – Beauty and the Beast
- Three – Hidden Figures, Logan, Moonlight, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Two – The Edge of Seventeen, La La Land
The following television series received multiple nominations:
- "2017 MTV Movie Awards VIP Tickets and After Party Tickets". Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- "MTV Movie Awards Expands To Include TV Series, Returns To Live Format, Gets Date". Deadline Hollywood. March 13, 2017. Retrieved March 13, 2017.
- "MTV Rebrands Annual Movie Awards to Include TV Honors," Hollywood Reporter, 3/13/2017
- Schwartz, Ryan (March 2, 2017). "2017 MTV Movie & TV Awards Nominations List — 'This Is Us,' 'Stranger Things'". TVLine. Archived from the original on April 7, 2017. Retrieved April 6, 2017.
- Lakshmin, Deepa (May 2, 2017). "The "Cash Me Outside" Meme Is An MTV Movie & TV Awards Nominee, How Bout Dat?". MTV. Retrieved May 3, 2017.
- "MTV Movie & TV Awards Set To Honor ‘Fast & Furious’ Franchise" from Deadline, 4/28/2017