Type of site
|Owner||TVLine Media, LLC.|
(Penske Media Corporation)
|Created by||Michael Ausiello|
|Alexa rank||3,664 (July 2016)|
In late 2010, Entertainment Weekly's Michael Ausiello announced that he would be leaving EW after nearly two years in their employ to establish a TV-centered website with PMC, the media company founded by Jay Penske. He later announced that fellow EW writer Michael Slezak, E! Online's Megan Masters, and TV Guide's Matt Mitovich would be joining him in the venture.
The site debuted January 5, 2011 and more than tripled initial expectations for internet traffic in its first six days.
In early 2011 a report by TV by the Numbers analyzed the pageview ratings for four television websites: TVLine, its sister site Deadline, TheWrap, and TV by the Numbers itself. With a high of just over 1 million daily pageviews, TVLine beat all three competitors. A similar report in summer 2012 compared TVLine again to three other websites: Deadline, The Hollywood Reporter, and HitFix. TVLine hit a high of approximately 23 million monthly pageviews, second only to The Hollywood Reporter.
- "tvline.com". Alexa. Alexa Internet, Inc. Retrieved June 2, 2013.
- "Entertainment Weekly's Michael Slezak Joins Michael Ausiello at TVLine.com" (Press release). PMC. 2010-12-10. Archived from the original on 2011-07-15. Retrieved 2011-04-21.
- Finke, Nikki (2011-01-17). "ADVISORY: Check Out New TVLine.com". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 2011-04-21.
- Seidman, Robert (May 20, 2011). "Michael Ausiello's TVLine Already Bigger Than Nikki Finke's Deadline". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 20, 2013.
- Seidman, Robert (October 9, 2012). "Lost in the PMC/Finke/Deadline/Variety News: Michael Ausiello's TVLine is a Traffic Powerhouse". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on March 26, 2013. Retrieved April 20, 2013.