Michael Ausiello // (born February 23, 1972) is an American television industry journalist, author, and actor. He was a senior writer at TV Guide and its companion website, TVGuide.com, between 2000 and 2008. From 2008 to 2010, he wrote and reported for Entertainment Weekly before launching his own television news site, TVLine. Ausiello also published a memoir in 2017, Spoiler Alert: The Hero Dies.
Ausiello at the 2011 San Diego Comic Con
|Born||February 23, 1972|
New Jersey, United States
|Occupation||Journalist, actor, founder and editor-in-chief of TVLine.com|
|Spouse(s)||Kit Cowan (2014–2015; his death)|
Ausiello began writing for TV Guide in 2000. During his eight-year tenure at TV Guide, he wrote for both the magazine and its website. Ausiello's columns at TV Guide included Today's News, The Ausiello Report, a weekly print column that expanded into a regularly updated blog online, and Ask Ausiello, an exclusively online weekly Q&A. Ausiello contributed to the website's weekly podcast, TV Guide Talk and the weekly TV Guide Channel program The 411 with a five-minute segment entitled "The Big Five", where he commented on the top five entertainment industry stories of the week. Ausiello also had a vodcast version of The Ausiello Report.
Ausiello has also contributed commentary to media outlets outside of TV Guide, such as Today, Good Morning America, Fox & Friends, American Morning, Inside Edition, Extra, Access Hollywood, and Entertainment Tonight. He is a regular guest every Friday morning on Sirius Satellite Radio's popular morning show, "OutQ in the Morning" (Channel 109) with host Larry Flick, where they converse with callers about all things television—shows, stars, and plot lines, including scoops and spoilers.
Having garnered a number of connections with actors and producers such as Amy Sherman-Palladino, Ausiello has appeared in a few cameo roles on episodes of such television series as Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, and Scrubs.
Ausiello is openly gay and was married to photographer Kit Cowan. Cowan died of a rare form of neuroendocrine cancer on February 5, 2015. Ausiello chronicled the last year of Kit's life, and their 13-year relationship, in his 2017 memoir Spoiler Alert: The Hero Dies.
|2013||He's Way More Famous Than You||Michael Ausiello|
|2005||Gilmore Girls||Customer||Episode: "But I'm a Gilmore!"|
|2006||Veronica Mars||Blushing Guy||Episode: "The Quick and the Wed"|
|2007||Scrubs||Obstetrician||Episode: "My Road to Nowhere"|
|2007–10||Entertainment Tonight||Himself||10 episodes|
|2009–10||The Early Show||Himself||2 episodes|
|2013||Body of Proof||Grave Digger||Episode: "Daddy Issues"|
|2015||Cocktails & Classics||Himself||2 episodes|
|2016||Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life||Guy Eating Salad in Stairwell||Episode: "Spring"|
- Spoiler Alert: The Hero Dies: A Memoir of Love, Loss, and Other Four-Letter Words (2017)
- "Michael Ausiello – Photos, Bio and News for Michael Ausiello". TVGuide.com. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- "Michael Ausiello". TVGuide.com. November 28, 2012. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- Michael Ausiello Exits TV Guide Archived May 29, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Nadel, Nick (July 2, 2008). "The Top 10 Reasons I Know I'll Do Well at EW! | Michael Ausiello | Ausiello Files | EW.com". Ausiellofiles.ew.com. Archived from the original on September 12, 2008. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- Michael Ausiello and MMC Announce Long-Term Strategic Partnership to Launch New & Innovative TV Website
- Gillette, Felix. "The Doctor Is In: TV addicts cut off by the W.G.A. turn to 'TV Guide' guy" Archived November 18, 2007, at the Wayback Machine, The New York Observer, November 15, 2007. Accessed November 28, 2007.
- Keller, Joel (March 6, 2006). "MB Q&A: MICHAEL AUSIELLO". Media Bistro. Archived from the original on September 7, 2015. Retrieved January 18, 2016.
- Ausiello, Michael. "Exclusive: Michael Ausiello Is Moving On!". TVGuide.com. TV Guide. Retrieved January 18, 2016.
- "Michael Ausiello". Michael Ausiello. Archived from the original on December 4, 2013. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- Michael Ausiello [@MichaelAusiello] (May 23, 2012). "I am also gay and in a 10-year relationship. Can I trend on Twitter too?" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "About Ausiello". TVLine. November 22, 2013. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- "A Remembrance, and An Appreciation, From Michael Ausiello". TVLine. February 16, 2015. Retrieved March 5, 2015.
- Ausiello, Michael (September 12, 2017). "Spoiler Alert: The Hero Dies Excerpt: My Nightmare Day on The Americans' Set With Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys". TVLine. Retrieved September 20, 2017.
- "Spoiler Alert: The Hero Dies: A Memoir of Love, Loss, and Other Four-Letter Words: Michael Ausiello: 9781501134968: Amazon.com: Books". Amazon. Retrieved September 17, 2017.