2014 Supercopa de España
The 2014 Supercopa de España was a two-legged football match-up played in August 2014 between the champions of 2013–14 La Liga, Atlético Madrid, and the winner of the 2013–14 Copa del Rey, Real Madrid. The first leg ended 1–1. Atlético won the trophy after beating Real Madrid 1–0 in second leg. This was the first time that the Supercopa de España was a Madrid derby, and also the first time since 2008 that the competition did not feature Barcelona.
|Date||19 August 2014|
|Venue||Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid|
|Referee||Xavier Estrada Fernández|
|Date||22 August 2014|
|Venue||Vicente Calderón, Madrid|
|Referee||David Fernández Borbalán|
The opening goal came in the 81st minute when Dani Carvajal crossed from the right for Karim Benzema, whose shot was blocked with the ball falling to substitute James Rodríguez, who found the back of the net with his right foot from seven yards out, his first goal for Real Madrid. Atletico equalized with two minutes to play when Raúl García poked home from two yards with the heel of his right foot after a corner from Koke on the left, which was missed by the Real Madrid defence.
|Real Madrid||1–1||Atlético Madrid|
|Rodríguez 81'||Report||García 88'|
Mario Mandžukić scored the only goal of the game after 80 seconds, converting with a low right foot shot from just inside the penalty area. Atlético Madrid coach Diego Simeone was sent off after 26 minutes when he patted the referee's assistant on the back of the head.
|Atlético Madrid||1–0||Real Madrid|
- "La Supercopa de España se jugará los días 19 y 22 de agosto". realmadrid.com. 2014-07-24.
- "James Rodriguez scores first goal since £60million move but Raul Garcia equalises late on... and concern as Cristiano Ronaldo is substituted at half-time". Daily Mail. 19 August 2014. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- "Real Madrid 1 Atletico Madrid 1, Spanish Super Cup: as it happened". Daily Telegraph. 19 August 2014. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- "Raúl García's late reply earns Atlético draw at Real Madrid". Guardian. 19 August 2014. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- "Atletico Madrid 1-0 Real Madrid (agg 2-1): Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and James Rodriguez fail to fire as quickfire Mario Mandzukic secures Spanish Super Cup for Diego Simeone". Daily Mail. 22 August 2014. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- "Atlético Madrid v Real Madrid: Spanish Super Cup – as it happened". Guardian. 22 August 2014. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- "Barcelona vs Real Madrid in Supercopa". soccer1.us.