2013 Supercopa de España
The 2013 Supercopa de España was a two-legged Spanish football match-up that was played in August 2013 between the champions of 2012–13 La Liga, Barcelona, and the winner of the 2012–13 Copa del Rey, Atlético Madrid.
|1–1 on aggregate. Barcelona won on away goals.|
|Date||21 August 2013|
|Venue||Vicente Calderón, Madrid|
|Referee||Alberto Undiano Mallenco|
|Date||28 August 2013|
|Venue||Camp Nou, Barcelona|
|Referee||David Fernández Borbalán|
In the first leg which was played on 21 August in Madrid, former Barcelona striker David Villa put Atlético Madrid ahead when he hit a right-footed volley into the back of the net after a cross from the left after 12 minutes. Barcelona equalized in the 66th minute when substitute Neymar headed in at the far post after a high cross by Dani Alves from the right.
In the second leg, played on 28 August at the Camp Nou, Lionel Messi missed a penalty for Barcelona in the 89th minute, hitting his shot against the crossbar after Miranda had bundled substitute Pedro over in the area.[deprecated source] Atlético Madrid had two players sent off: Filipe Luís in the 81st minute for tangling with Dani Alves, and Arda Turan, who had already been substituted, in the first minute of added time for protesting a decision. Barcelona won the cup for a record 11th time on the away goals rule.
|Villa 12'||Report||Neymar 66'|
- "Atlético y Barcelona se enfrentarán en la próxima Supercopa" [Atlético and Barcelona will face in next Supercopa]. Marca. 18 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- "Barça y Atlético se jugarán la Supercopa de España en agosto" [Barça and Atlético will play the Supercopa de España in August]. As. 18 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- "Lionel Messi suffers hamstring injury as Neymar rescues draw for Barcelona in Super Cup clash against Atletico". Daily Telegraph. 21 August 2013. Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- "Neymar denies hosts victory". Goal.com. 21 August 2013. Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- "Neymar wins his first Barca trophy as Messi misses penalty and visitors have a player from the BENCH sent off in Spanish Super Cup". Daily Mail. 28 August 2013. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "Barcelona 0-0 Atletico Madrid (Agg 1-1, Barcelona win on away goals)". Goal.com. 28 August 2013. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "Barcelona win Super Cup against Atlético despite Messi's penalty miss". Guardian. 28 August 2013. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "Stalemate at Nou Camp gives Barcelona Spanish Super Cup over Atlético Madrid". NBC Sports. 28 August 2013. Retrieved 29 August 2013.