2011 European Race Walking Cup
The ninth edition of the European Race Walking Cup was held on the roads of Olhão, Portugal on 21 May 2011. The event was jointly organised by the Federação Portuguesa de Atletismo (Portuguese Athletics Federation) and the European Athletics Association. A total of 222 athletes from 26 countries participated in the competition.
|2011 European Race Walking Cup|
|Host city||Olhão, Algarve, Portugal|
Olhão won the nomination as the host city in November 2009, seeing off a rival bid from Spain's Santa Eulària des Riu. Although this was Portugal's first time hosting a racewalking event of this size, it became another high profile athletics competition to be staged in the Algarve region, after the 2000 IAAF World Cross Country Championships, 2003 IAAF World Half Marathon Championships and several editions of the European Champion Clubs Cup. The city itself has, since 2001, played host to the annual Meeting de Marcha Atlética da Cidade de Olhão racewalking meeting, which has featured on the IAAF World Race Walking Challenge series.
As in previous years, the competition featured five races: two 20 km walk competitions for men and women, a 50 km men's walk, and junior walks for men and women of 10 km each. The course was a looped circuit on the roads next to Olhão's marina on the seafront of the Atlantic Ocean. Russia and Italy were the dominant teams at the competition, taking three and two team titles respectively. Italian men took a sweep of the top three in the 20 km race while Russia's junior men completed a 1–2 finish to gain a perfect team score.
|Junior men's 10 km||Ihor Lyashchenko (UKR)||41:26||Hagen Pohle (GER)||41:36||Dementiy Cheparev (RUS)||41:58|
|Junior men's 10 km
|Ukraine (UKR)||5 pts||Russia (RUS)||8 pts||Germany (GER)||12 pts|
|Senior men's 20 km||Matej Toth (SVK)||1:23:53||Jakub Jelonek (POL)||1:23:59||Benjamín Sánchez (ESP)||1:24:12|
|Senior men's 20 km
|Spain (ESP)||26 pts||Italy (ITA)||27 pts||France (FRA)||37 pts|
|Senior men's 50 km||Denis Nizhegorodov (RUS)||3:45:58||Marco De Luca (ITA)||3:50:13||Christopher Linke (GER)||3:52:56|
|Senior men's 50 km
|Italy (ITA)||16 pts||Poland (POL)||17 pts||Spain (ESP)||39 pts|
|Junior women's 10 km||Yelena Lashmanova (RUS)||43:10||Svetlana Vasilyeva (RUS)||44:02||Kate Veale (IRL)||46:32|
|Junior women's 10 km
|Russia (RUS)||3 pts||Italy (ITA)||9 pts||Czech Republic (CZE)||19 pts|
|Senior women's 20 km||Vera Sokolova (RUS)||1:30:02||Anisya Kirdyapkina (RUS)||1:30:41||Elisa Rigaudo (ITA)||1:30:55|
|Senior women's 20 km
|Russia (RUS)||14 pts||Spain (ESP)||22 pts||Ukraine (UKR)||32 pts|
Complete results were published.
Men's 20 kmEdit
Team (20 km Men)Edit
Men's 50 kmEdit
Team (50 km Men)Edit
Men's 10 km (Junior)Edit
Team (10 km Junior Men)Edit
Women's 20 kmEdit
Team (20 km Women)Edit
|6||Czech Republic||86 pts|
Women's 10 km JuniorEdit
Team (10 km Junior Women)Edit
|Czech Republic||19 pts|
|9||United Kingdom||47 pts|
The participation of 218 athletes (134 men/84 women) from 25 countries is reported.
- Warbuton, Paul (2011-05-22). Nizhegorodov dominates, defends European Cup Walk title in Olhão. IAAF. Retrieved on 2011-05-30.
- Final entries confirmed for Olhão 2011 Archived 2011-05-18 at the Wayback Machine.. European Athletics. Retrieved on 2011-05-30.
- European Cup Race Walking 2011 awarded to Portuguese city of Olhão Archived 2011-08-20 at the Wayback Machine.. European Athletics (2009-11-11). Retrieved on 2011-05-30.
- Fernandes, Antonio, Manuel (2010-02-21). Santos beats the conditions in Olhão – IAAF Race Walking Challenge. IAAF. Retrieved on 2011-05-30.
- Course Map Archived 2011-05-28 at the Wayback Machine.. Olhao2011. Retrieved on 2011-05-30.
- 2011 European Race Walking Cup. Tilastopaja. Retrieved on 2011-05-30.
- Olhão POR 21 May Race walk, European Athletic Association, retrieved August 7, 2013
- Yerokhin was originally awarded the silver medal after finishing 2nd in the event. The result was annulled after Yerokhin was banned from athletics competition for life in 2013.
- Official website results. Olhao2011. Retrieved on 2011-05-30.