Anežka Drahotová (Czech pronunciation: [ˈanɛʃka ˈdraɦotovaː]; born 22 July 1995, Rumburk) is a Czech athletics competitor in racewalking, middle-distance running, and steeplechase, as well an international level cyclist. She is the Czech record holder for the 20 kilometres walk (1:29:05 – equal with Barbora Dibelková) and the 10 km track walk (44:15.87 minutes).
Drahotová at the 2015 European Cup Race Walking
|Full name||Anežka Drahotová|
|Born||July 22, 1995|
Rumburk, Czech Republic
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||57 kg (126 lb)|
|Event(s)||racewalking, middle-distance running, steeplechase, cyclist|
|Club||USK Praha, CTP Šimůnek|
|Coached by||Ivo Piták|
In her first major international competitions, she placed seventh in the junior category at the 2011 European Race Walking Cup and sixth in the 5000 m walk at the 2011 World Youth Championships in Athletics. The following year she ranked sixth in the 10 km walk at the 2012 World Junior Championships in Athletics, where she also placed 25th overall in the 1500 metres. The 2013 European Race Walking Cup saw her take the bronze medal in the 10 km walk event. She won the 20 km walk gold medal in the 2013 European Athletics Junior Championships, while her twin sister Eliška Drahotová took the bronze. In an unusual event combination, she also entered the 3000 metres steeplechase and placed ninth.
She placed outside the medals, taking seventh place, in the 2013 World Championships in Athletics held in Moscow in the 20 km walk despite leading the race for some kilometers and notching a personal best time of 1:29:05. She proved adept at running by finishing as the first Czech athlete at the Prague Grand Prix 10K run that year. Her global debut in cycling also came that year at the 2013 UCI Road World Championships. There she placed 19th in the junior road race. In 2013 her world ranking in the women's 20 km walk was 21st place overall.
Competition record in athleticsEdit
- "Opening honours to the Drahotová twins". 22nd European Athletics Junior Championships, Rieti/ITA, 18–21 July 2013. European Athletics. Archived from the original on 20 July 2013. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "20 Kilometres Race Walk Result - 14th IAAF World Championship". IAAF. 13 August 2013. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "Anežka Drahotova". IAAF Profile. IAAF. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- Trojakova, Zuzana (2013-11-19). Walking, running, cycling – Anezka Drahotova excels at them all. IAAF. Retrieved on 2013-11-19.
- "Profile of Anežka DRAHOTOVÁ". All-Athletics.com. Elite Ltd. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
| Czech Junior Athlete of the Year
|This Czech Republic-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This athletics and track and field article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|