2010 San José mayoral election
The San Jose municipal elections of 2010 were held on Sunday December 5 to elect the mayor, deputy mayors, syndics and district councilors of the central canton of San José, capital of Costa Rica. Due to legal reform unifying the municipal elections with those of aldermen, the Supreme Electoral Tribunal decreed that for a single time the authorities elected in these elections would hold office for six years, so the next elections would be in 2016.
In green districts won by Araya
The mayor in office Johnny Araya Monge of the National Liberation Party was the winner with more than 60% of the votes. Deputy Gloria Valerín Rodríguez, then member of the Citizens' Action Party (at the time the main opposition), was also a candidate. Deputy and former presidential candidate Óscar López Arias of the Accessibility Without Exclusion Party, as well as Mario Alfaro of the Libertarian Movement and Luis Polinaris of the National Integration Party were candidates.
|National Liberation Party||Johnny Araya Monge||25,206||61||2|
|Citizens' Action Party||Gloria Valerín Rodríguez||6,610||16||1|
|Accessibility without Exclusion||Óscar Andrés López Arias||6,277||15||New|
|National Integration Party||Luis Polinaris||1626||3||2|
|Libertarian Movement||Mario Alfaro García||1154||2||1|
- Tribunal Supremo de Elecciones. "Declaratoria de Síndicos y Concejales de Distrito" (PDF).
- Fuster, Mariella (14 July 2010). "Exdiputada Gloria Valerín aspira a Alcaldía de San José". La Nación. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- Nuñez, Maria Jose (21 July 2010). "Oscar López, candidato a alcalde: Presupuesto se ha dedicado a "maquillar" San José". Semanario Universidad. Retrieved 3 February 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Candidatos a Alcaldía de San José debatirán esta noche en la UCR". UCR.
- "¿Qué dijeron los candidatos y candidata a la Alcaldía de San José?". ANEP. Archived from the original on 2016-02-04. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- Tribunal Supremo de Elecciones. "Declaratoria de Resultados, Alcaldes de la Provincia de San José" (PDF).