1976 USAC Championship Car season
The 1976 USAC Championship Car season consisted of 13 races, beginning in Avondale, Arizona on March 14 and concluding at the same location on November 7. The USAC National Champion was Gordon Johncock and the Indianapolis 500 winner was Johnny Rutherford.
|1976 USAC Championship Car season|
|USAC National Championship Trail|
|Start date||March 14|
|End date||November 7|
|National champion||Gordon Johncock|
|Indianapolis 500 winner||Johnny Rutherford|
Schedule and resultsEdit
All races running on Oval/Speedway.
Final points standingsEdit
Note: David Hobbs, Danny Ongais and Vern Schuppan not eligible for points.
- Åberg, Andreas. "USAC National Championship 1976". Driver Database. Archived from the original on 2009-05-06. Retrieved 2009-05-04.
- Harms, Phil; Ferner, Michael; Measures, Gerry; Brown, Allen. "Indy 500 and USAC racing (1971-1978)". OldRacingCars.com. Archived from the original on 2009-05-06. Retrieved 2009-05-04.
- "1976 USAC National Championship Trail". ChampCarStats.com. Archived from the original on 2009-05-13. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- Harms, Phil. "1976 Championship Driver Summary" (PDF). Motorsport.com. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2011-05-04. Retrieved 2011-05-03.
- http://media.indycar.com/pdf/2011/IICS_2011_Historical_Record_Book_INT6.pdf (p. 219-220)