1975 USAC Championship Car season
The 1975 USAC Championship Car season consisted of 13 races, beginning in Ontario, California on March 2 and concluding in Avondale, Arizona on November 9. The USAC National Champion was A. J. Foyt and the Indianapolis 500 winner was Bobby Unser.
|1975 USAC Championship Car season|
|USAC National Championship Trail|
|Start date||March 2|
|End date||November 9|
|National champion||A. J. Foyt|
|Indianapolis 500 winner||Bobby Unser|
Schedule and resultsEdit
All races running on Oval/Speedway.
- ^1 Scheduled for 500 miles, stopped early due to rain.
Final points standingsEdit
Note1: Bobby Allison and George Follmer not eligible for points.
Note2: Jerry Grant scored points at Ontario but competed with an FIA License
Note3: Bentley Warren scored 100 points at Pocono, but forfeited those points due to a rule violation
- Åberg, Andreas. "USAC National Championship 1975". Driver Database. Archived from the original on 2009-05-06. Retrieved 2009-05-04.
- Harms, Phil; Ferner, Michael; Measures, Gerry; Brown, Allen. "Indy 500 and USAC racing (1971-1978)". OldRacingCars.com. Archived from the original on 2009-05-06. Retrieved 2009-05-04.
- "1975 USAC National Championship Trail". ChampCarStats.com. Archived from the original on 2009-05-13. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- Harms, Phil. "1975 Championship Driver Summary" (PDF). Motorsport.com. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2011-05-04. Retrieved 2011-05-03.
- http://media.indycar.com/pdf/2011/IICS_2011_Historical_Record_Book_INT6.pdf (p. 221-222)