at Lakme Fashion Week 2011
Morani started off as an assistant director for the 2007 film Om Shanti Om and was assistant director for Halla Bol (2008) as well. Apparently, though Morani had no interest in directing films, she took up these roles to familiarise herself with acting. She made her acting debut in Shahrukh Khan's production Always Kabhi Kabhi in 2011 and has thereafter been signed by film director Shyam Benegal for his next film. In 2011, she took up a modelling assignment during the Lakme Fashion Week. She has since appeared in the 2012 edition of the Lakme Fashion Week as well.
Morani is the daughter of Karim Morani, a Bollywood film producer and director of Cineyug Entertainment, one of Bollywood's biggest event management companies. Karim Morani is an accused in the 2G spectrum case. She is an Ismaili Muslim by birth.
|2011||Always Kabhi Kabhi||Nandini Oberoi|
As assistant directorEdit
|2007||Om Shanti Om|
- "Zoa Morani bags Benegal's next". Times of India. 5 November 2011. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Zoa Morani to make first appearance at LFW show". Sify.com. 12 March 2011. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- Udasi, Harshikaa (21 May 2011). "New kids on the block". The Hindu. Chennai, India. Retrieved 2 April 2012.
- "Let your feet go wild!". Daily News and Analysis. 6 March 2012. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Zoa ropes in Katrina's diction trainer for herself - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Director Vikram Bhatt to launch Iranian model Mandana Karimi - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Zoa Morani missed her family - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Who is Karim Morani? - Firstpost". Firstpost.
- "SRK's discovery Zoa Morani turns 22". Mid Day. 29 March 2011. Retrieved 1 April 2012.