Bhaag Johnny (transl. Run Johnny) is a 2015 Indian Hindi language Bollywood thriller film directed by Shivam Nair, and produced by Bhushan Kumar, Krishan Kumar, Vikram Bhatt and Ajay Kapoor. The film stars Kunal Khemu, Mandana Karimi and Zoa Morani in leading roles. It was released on 25 September 2015.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Shivam Nair|
|Produced by||Bhushan Kumar|
|Screenplay by||Vikram Bhatt|
|Music by||Devi Sri Prasad|
Yo Yo Honey Singh
|Edited by||Mukesh Thakur|
|Box office||est. ₹8 crore|
This article needs an improved plot summary. (October 2020)
Bangkok-based Janardhan "Johnny" Arora is called in by his conniving boss Ramona Bakshi where she accuses him of cheating and gives him a chance to redeem himself by going to Pattaya on a vacation. Whilst there, he learns from Ramona's right-hand man Mr. Nobody that she sent him to murder a girl named Tanya Malik who appears to pose some threat to Ramona. Although intent on saving his job, the moment he sets his sight on the beautiful Tanya, he is drawn into a state of confusion as to whether he should save the innocent girl's life or his job. However, a genie Jinn appears to help him and gives him an offer to live 2 different lives of his own at once, where one life will be completely isolated from another. As he accepts this offer, Johnny finds himself at the head of a conspiracy and several events unfolding fast.
- Kunal Khemu as Janardhan "Johnny" Arora
- Zoa Morani as Tanya Malik
- Mandana Karimi as Rachel Robinson
- Manasi Scott as Ramona Bakshi
- Vikram Bhatt as Jinn
- Nishigandha Wad as Savitri Arora
- Arun Bali as Acharya Ji
- Mukul Dev as ACP Pathan
- Major Bikramjeet Singh as Third Eye Detective
- Mohan Kapoor as Tanya's boss
- Aseem Merchant as Mr. Nobody
- Gyan Prakash as Tanya's father
- Deana Uppal in a special appearance in the song Aankhon Aankhon
- Urvashi Rautela as an item girl in song Daddy Mummy
- Devi Sri Prasad as himself in the song Daddy Mummy
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||20 August 2015|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Singles from Bhaag Johnny|
|1.||"Daddy Mummy"||Kumaar||Devi Sri Prasad (DSP)||Devi Sri Prasad (DSP), M. M. Manasi||04:25|
|2.||"Iss Qadar Pyar Hai"||Faaiz Anwar||Arko||Ankit Tiwari||03:50|
|3.||"Aankhon Aankhon"||Yo Yo Honey Singh||Yo Yo Honey Singh||Yo Yo Honey Singh||04:04|
|4.||"Kinna Sona"||Amitabh Verma||Mithoon||Sunil Kamath||05:03|
|5.||"Meri Zindagi"||Amitabh Verma||Mithoon||Rahul Vaidya||05:25|
Earlier, Deepak Tijori was first to direct the film with Indian television actor Karan Singh Grover. Later on, Vikram Band Tijori will not be a part of project instead of this, Kunal Khemu will play leading role.[clarification needed]
Subhash K. Jha rated the film one and half stars out of five, saying, "Not that Bhaag Johnny was ever meant to be a dud. It must have sounded promising on paper, a crime thriller with a twist to the telling."
The film grossed under ₹10 million (US$140,000) in its first weekend. Kunal Khemu was praised by the critics and the audience as well for convincingly pulling off both Positive and Negative Character at the same time.
- "Kunal Khemu in Bhaag Johnny". Indiaglitz.
- Announcement. "Announcement". Bollywood Hungama.
- "'Bhaag Johnny' to release on September 11" Business Standard
- "Zoa Morani in Bhaag Johnny". Bollywood Hungama.
- Vikram Bhatt revives 'Bhaag Johnny' – The Times of India. Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com (15 October 2012). Retrieved on 2015-08-31.
- "Bhaag Johnny Movie Review: BHAAG JOHNNY is your best bet this week". Glamsham. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Bhatt, Tijori's friendly swap". Times Of India.
- Bhaag Johnny Review: Bhaag, Audience, Bhaag! Archived 29 September 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Skjbollywoodnews.com. Retrieved on 13 March 2016.
- Kapil Sharma’s Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon Rakes In Huge Moolah | 1st Weekend Box Office | Koimoi. M.koimoi.com. Retrieved on 13 March 2016.