Taish is a ZEE5 Original Indian Hindi-language thriller drama film directed by Bejoy Nambiar. The film stars Pulkit Samrat, Kriti Kharbanda, Jim Sarbh, Sanjeeda Shaikh and Harshvardhan Rane is produced byNishant Pitti ,Shivanshu Pandey,Deepak Mukut and Bejoy Nambiar. The film was released on ZEE5 on 29 October 2020 as a feature film and as a six episode series simultaneously.
|Directed by||Bejoy Nambiar|
|Produced by||Nishant Pitti|
|Written by||Kartik R. Iyer|
|Edited by||Priyank Prem Kumar|
Getaway Pictures Presentation
Soham Rockstar Entertainment
Rohan Kalra and Sunny Lalwani are best friends from their childhood days. Sunny goes to attend Rohan's younger brother Krish's weeklong wedding in a scenic country estate in UK. The boys look at this as an opportunity to catch up and let loose - unabashed and fun revelry dotting the weeklong affair. Somewhere else in the dark grimy corners of South Hall London, a violent criminal family of moneylenders is headed by Kuljinder with his two brothers Pali and Jassi. Pali has been planning to quit the family business and start life afresh with Kuljnder's wife Jahaan with whom he has been having an affair. But fate has other plans for him. Both these world collides when Kuljinder comes to attend the wedding in the country side. A past secret connected to Rohan and Kuljinder sparks an incident of violence which then kick starts a chain of violence changing all their lives drastically.
- Pulkit Samrat as Sunny Lalwani
- Kriti Kharbanda as Aarfa Khan, Rohan's love interest
- Jim Sarbh as Rohan Kalra, Sunny's childhood friend
- Harshvardhan Rane as Pali Brar
- Ankur Rathee as Krish Kalra, Rohan's brother
- Zoa Morani as Mahi, Krish's fiance
- Sanjeeda Sheikh as Jahaan Brar, Pali's love interest
- Melissa Raju Thomas as Simmi, Sunny's love interest (cameo appearance )
- Saurabh Sachdeva as Sukhi
- Abhimanyu Singh as Kuljinder "Kulli" Brar, Pali and Jassi's brother; Jahaan's husband
- Viraf Patel as Shozi
- Armaan Khera as Jassi Brar, Pali's brother
- Saloni Batra as Sanober Brar, Kulli's wife
- Kunika as Beeji
- Ikhlaque Khan as Rohan's father
- Mohnisha Haseen as Rohan's mother
- Mahavir Bhullar as Gyaan ji
- Shivanshu Pandey as Ismail
- Ekansh Kumar Sharma as Sattu
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||20 October 2020|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Zee Music Company|
|1.||"Kol Kol"||Rohit Sharma||Raghav Sachar||Jyotica Tangri||3:36|
|2.||"Roshni Si"||Hussain Haidry||Prashant Pillai||Ashwin Gopakumar, Preeti Pillai||3:18|
|3.||"Re Bawree"||Hussain Haidry||Govind Vasantha||Prarthna Indrajith, Govind Vasantha||5:00|
|4.||"Shehnaiyan Wajan Do"||Enbee||Enbee||Enbee, Raahi||3:45|
|5.||"Rage Infinity"||Instrumental||Gaurav Godkhindi||Instrumental||1:43|
|6.||"Re Bawree" (Jahaan Lost In Love)||Hussain Haidry||Govind Vasantha||Sona Mohapatra||4:57|
|7.||"Kol Kol" (Reprise)||Rohit Sharma||Raghav Sachar||Mohan Kannan||3:39|
|8.||"All I See Is The" (Roshni Si - Reprise)||Hussain Haidry, Armaan Khera||Prashant Pillai||Preeti Pillai, Armaan Khera||3:20|
|9.||"Kol Kol Mix"||Instrumental||Raghav Sachar||Instrumental||3:34|
Anna MM Vetticad from Firstpost rated Taish 3.25 out of 5 and stated "Taish the series is fair enough, but it is the film that manages to effectively convey the wrath and passion of the title, making it Nambiar’s best work yet" Shubhra Gupta from The Indian Express wrote "The web series goes back and forth in time, and then leaps to the present, leading to some amount of confusion. And then there is Nambiar’s old nemesis, the lack of substance which you end up missing in all the style"
Pallabi Dey Purkayastha from The Times Of India wrote " Taish is timely, stylish and has an important life lesson to impart – that revenge is never the answer and rage triggers rage – but the execution and storytelling technique should have been much tighter, and with a climax that would have taken the viewers by total surprise" 
Adithya Narayan Taish from The Hindu reviewed "Taish’s failure lies in its inability to exploit one of the luxuries afforded by the medium: scope for character development. Scroll.in stated Taish always looks poised to say something deep and memorable about the need to process old wounds and think before you act. It’s often loud and unwieldy, but it’s flashy and good-looking too in its own way"
- "Taish: Bejoy Nambiar's upcoming film will star Jim Sarbh, Amit Sadh, Harshvardhan Rane in lead roles- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Firstpost. 28 May 2019. Retrieved 31 July 2019.
- "Harshvardhan Rane bonds with cast of 'Taish' in the UK". The Times of India. IANS. 20 August 2019. Retrieved 19 September 2019.
- "Bejoy Nambiar commences the shoot for his revenge drama 'Taish' - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 31 July 2019.
- "ANNOUNCEMENT... #Taish - starring #PulkitSamrat, #HarshvardhanRane, #JimSarbh, #KritiKharbanda and #SanjeedaShaikh - premieres 29 Oct 2020 on #Zee5... Will release as feature film as well as 6-episode series simultaneously... Directed by Bejoy Nambiar... FIRST GLIMPSE." Taran Adarsh. Retrieved 28 September 2020.
- "Bejoy Nambiar's 'Taish' To Premiere On ZEE5 In October". News18. Retrieved 28 September 2020.
- Hungama, Bollywood (29 September 2020). "Pulkit Samrat, Harshvardhan Rane, Jim Sarbh, Kriti Kharbanda & Sanjeeda Sheikh starrer Taish to premiere on Zee5 on October 29 : Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama".
- "Bejoy Nambiar's 'Taish' to premiere on ZEE5 in October". The Hindu. 29 September 2020.
- "Taish – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Jiosaavn.
- "Taish mini-series & movie review: A twin experiment in storytelling yields interesting results - Entertainment News , Firstpost". Firstpost. 30 October 2020.
- "Taish review: Style over substance". The Indian Express. 30 October 2020.
- "Taish Review: Taish".
- "'Taish' review: Visually engaging, but leaves you wanting more". The Hindu. 31 October 2020.
- "'Taish' review: Web series explores the importance of anger management". Scroll.in.
|This article about a Hindi film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|